Jockey Journal Forum banner
1001 - 1012 of 1012 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wow, I wondered a while back if such a thing had been invented but couldn’t find anything…now I know. Amazing work ludo, that’s some dedication. Say, if you ever get tired of that front end (why, I don’t know) I’d be interested in buying it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Jockey Journal and I am on a mission to find and hopefully get back my grandfathers Triumph 650 Desert Thumper. I've been searching for a few years and I finally found some pictures online which led me to you guys. Ascot TT posted some pictures of his bike in 2010. Does anyone on here know him or if hes still active?

This is a very special bike to us. My grandfather raced may races with this and my grandma even raced on the back with him! From Baker to Vegas!

My grandfather gave it to his long time friend Jack Davis for his son Duan in the late 80s. My dad then got it back from Jack in the mid 90s and resorted it to what you see here.

The bike has a Patterson Frame that we re-Nickle plated, the tank was re-painted by Phil Stanton who originally painted it back in the day. The tank isn't a Triumph tank either. Its an aluminum Husqvarna tank from the 70s.

I will find some original photos and post them up as well.

Please help us find this! It would mean the world to our family to get it back.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks very nicely done, I'd use it happily on an older rennovated bike!! That had to be a lot of real laborious work. Impressive.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
(I was wondering what a bike like that was doing with passenger pegs.)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Furthermore: Are you hoofhearted? Or, as I suspect, an ID-stealing phisherperson?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Dick Mann-framed '54 GS. Spiffy. I swiped these pics from vft.org.

The detail shot in the northwest corner of image 2 shows a "pit brake." The caliper locks the sprocket. For testing/tuning, not running. Never seen one before, me.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
800 Posts
That brake is not in the left side full view pic. It looks like it is on a little subframe supported by the peg and a bung on the hardtail just in front of the sprocket.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Xactly. Goes on/comes off with two bolts, two cotter pins.

There's a fairly lengthy description at vft.org, under Bikes for Sale.

1001 - 1012 of 1012 Posts