Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 941 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My Modern ride that I sold last year:

A vintage Champion "in the nude": (for sale)

A bultaco I used to have:

I'll see if I can take some pic's of some others I have hanging around here. I got a few, including a HD MX250-based bike that belonged to an Ex-GNC #1 plate rider. This bike isn't mine, but I'm trying to find a decent early Sportster to build a replica:

I've given up in ever finding one of these:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not mine, but I like the layout. Racer32, what brand/size front tire is that on your Bultaco? Dragon, are they the same as the one on your BSA pic?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not mine, but I like the layout. Racer32, what brand/size front tire is that on your Bultaco? Dragon, same as your BSA?
Pirelli MT-53 in 4.00 x 19 Wish someone would repro them! I only have a few left that aren't rock hard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Trackmaster Triumph. I built this for a customer almost 15 years ago. We have seen several imitations over the years. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Still a very cool bike, Don

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Have I posted any of these here yet?
These are from Brockton, MA this past October.
I've got a ton of cool photos from the pits that will have to wait.
They are at home & my computer there has suffered a meltdown.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Trackmaster Triumph. I built this for a customer almost 15 years ago. We have seen several imitations over the years. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Still a very cool bike, Don
That bike is amazing... I remember seeing that photo in a magazine (has it been 15 years?) I had it posted up on the wall in my cubicle. Timeless beauty man.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Here's my '69 Champion framed, Woody Kyle motored, 350cc, Kawasaki Big Horn that I race in AHRMA's 600 sportsman class. Looking for more pix. You can see my HD and Bultaco in the background

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just looked. It was on the cover of Old Bike Journal magazine October '97. It was shot 4-5 months before that and the bike was done almost a year before the bike, photographer (Jeff Hackett) the weather and myself could get in one place at the same time. So more like 12 years ago.

We did use the same shot in our catalog www.metroracing.com web site and some advertising over the years.

Don

That bike is amazing... I remember seeing that photo in a magazine (has it been 15 years?) I had it posted up on the wall in my cubicle. Timeless beauty man.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This one is currently under resto. Hopefully to be done in time for Mid Ohio Vintage days, Triumph mark. It's Don Castro's Factory Red Line framed 750cc Triumph with the Tracy Fiberglass works body work that was banned by the AMA at San Jose 1/2 mile in 1972.

$$$$$$$ Reward for anyone getting me any color pix of this bike. I have a lot of black and whites, but will concider any Castro pic from '71-'72

Don

Attachments

1 - 20 of 941 Posts