Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a tv show on CTV, A public access channel. It will cover all types of motorcycles. I have a bunch ideas, but am always looking for something different. This is a non-profit org. So I can't cover anything that is for sale. I am considering making a few fake commercials. really goofy stuff. Like a quick change cam kit from jake leg motorsports. Oh yea The name of the show is motorcycle Madhouse.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Feature a key bike each episode and explain why its important. Just make sure your facts a CORRECT! Such as 48/58/65 Pans.

Follow the build of a REAL bike by a REAL builder over the season - there are plenty on here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. I do plan to interview many old racers, Like dave roper. I am thinking about doing something that i call bike interviews, with plenty of detail. I have a triumph TT lined up. A harley hummmer , XLCR. and a V7 sport. also some DIY stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll second what was said above: make a show that's accurate and real. A little shade tree wrench, a little barn find search, a little lesson in something (importance of years like pete said, how to clean a carb, diff btwn tig and arc welding). Fight for a good time slot, shoot cheap, edit on a laptop and find like minded sponsors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How about 'where did you learn the craft' type of show. Interview the local Vo-tech / shop teacher and see what kind of skills they teach that could relate to motorcycle building. If you have a cool shop teacher like Teach, that builds bikes, so much the better. Just my .02.

·
Registered
454 Posts
don't shake yur camera for effect ever time you pan to another angle or shot like everyone seems to do these days. Or don't use any special effects in-between scenes.......And don't add any music to it at all !
It's about motorcycles not noisy, stupid music and camera tricks.
those are sort of " don't ideas " , I guess.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd just look around for local folks with great bikes and shoot the shit with them while you go over the bike from head to tail . Perhaps have some video of you and them riding.
That's my .02

·
Registered
180 Posts
What if you were to a budget bike build (swapmeet special) be it what ever year or type of bike,and show where you found the parts,like a swapmeet or ebay,craig's list.
and if they need to be machined the process involed,the whole build,paint everything.
I watch Chop Cut Rebuild on speed vision and I wish I had that type of money like they spend,but this type of build is real just thinking""

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.