Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive ran these "universal" oil line fittings on my shovel with some issues. I'm trying to find a better option. The problem is that the curve is not tight enough and hits the rocker box. I tried to cut it shorter and re-flare it but I dont my brake flaring tool can get the proper flare into the tube. I went to the brake shop the other day and they gave me a flared tube to try, but Im pretty sure its not giong to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on different fittings that will work and not leak? Any help is appreciated.

(JJ not loading all my pics?)

G

·

·
Registered
138 Posts
It looks to me like you missed the first step in your flare. There should be a funny shaped little spacer that slides into your tubing first, gets compressed to "roll" a little do-nut into the tube, then the spacer is taken out, and the flare completed with the flaring tool. It looks like you have just done the flare part and not the rolled part.

Done properly, your flares will fit no problem.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
First pic is a Stock Harly Flair, Second pic is a Break like flair and will not work, Oil tank is Harley 48-57 or 58-64.........Roach.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, its a horseshoe tank. The first flare is the universal fittings I got but the curve for the top fittings werent tight enough. I was sure the brake flare wouldnt work, was just showing the comparison.

Long story short, does anyone know where I can get some decent fittings for my tank that will clear the back rocker box. I'm sure this is an easy fix, just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks fellas.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Your going to need to use panhead lines from 58-54, They should clear the rocker box......

And Look at pics of shovel's in ridgide frames and see what was used....

Cant help with part numbers, Not many use hard lines any more.......

G

·
dragstews thats an interesting motor there ..side shovel ? 4 cammer ? quad cam ? side head ? ....and the rocker covers , single down tube ...jesus !

http://retrocycle.com/listparts.php
It was a motor I was thinking about building. (Super Magnum)
42 U (Flathead 74" or 80") lower end with a Shovel Top End...

Didn't build it cause for the reason of...
Didn't want to get rid of the 52 Pan-Shovel that belongs in that frame.
Been growing Old with it ... Felt like I would be losing a Old Friend.

Those Rocker Covers are for doing checks when installing wild ass cams.

They gave up there life on the road and are now living life in my Tool Box.

Frame is a 52 Wishbone.

===================================================

On the Oil Lines....

By going to a 1/8 female fitting, You can run just about any kind of fittings that are available....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Kinda Hi-Jacking this thread a little...

But do have a few Photos...

Kinda a thought I was entertaining was doing a Front Panhead on the front jug and a Front Knuck head on the rear jug, dual carbs on the left side...

Mix up alot of years of Harley Motors in One Motor...

Glad I got that Wild hair gone....

Going to keep the 52 as it is...After owning it for 40 years...got it dialed in pretty dang good...

=====================================================

On the White Tank Super Magnum....That was in Easyrider mag. a few years back..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.