Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I could be wrong, because I don't mess with the evos to much. But according to the parts book, the wide glide was the same from 49 to 99. But then, I guess it would depend on the brand, ie; HD or aftermarket. Bottom line, is, it should fit.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
jus, I put a bat wing farring on my 80 flt, everything bolted right up so ya you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
the evo era heritage style front end is different than the flt? I know the stim is diff but the tree width is different?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
the evo era heritage style front end is different than the flt? I know the stim is diff but the tree width is different?
OK, I just reread your post and I think they are the same width, but I'm pretty sure they use different headlight housings.
Looks like the pre 1986 takes one headlight housing and the 86 up uses something different. Doss makes a kit for the late model stuff. And the FLT takes a different (Road King style) housing.
Larry T

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Ok, cool, didn't know that. Like I said, I put a late model bat wing on my FLT but now I think I'm going to put the nacelle on her. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to get the later style, D.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Heritage forks are narrower than FLH forks. To use an FLH nacelle, you'll need trees, axle/spacers and front fender. Otherwise you'll have to buy the Doss or the HD kit. The Heritage fork is around 3/8" narrower. Late FLT forks are the same width as FLH forks, but they are totally different in a buncha other ways.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Heritage forks are narrower than FLH forks. To use an FLH nacelle, you'll need trees, axle/spacers and front fender. Otherwise you'll have to buy the Doss or the HD kit. The Heritage fork is around 3/8" narrower. Late FLT forks are the same width as FLH forks, but they are totally different in a buncha other ways.
yup, thats what I tried saying

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.