Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to installing a rubberband type manifold?

I'm having a hell of a time getting this thing on my motor......

Any ideas?

Thank you, Ben

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
mercman55 said:
Is there a trick to installing a rubberband type manifold?

I'm having a hell of a time getting this thing on my motor......

Any ideas?

Thank you, Ben
I usually put one seal on the head and the other on the intake, kinda work them both on as you install the intake. It always seems a lot easier to install the intake without the carb too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Larry T said:
I usually put one seal on the head and the other on the intake, kinda work them both on as you install the intake. It always seems a lot easier to install the intake without the carb too.
I always rolled both o rings on to the manifold, put it in position and rolled them into the grove that's formed. If you do just the manifold it should hold still by itself until you get one of the strap clamp into position.

·
Registered
168 Posts
oldspeed said:
I always rolled both o rings on to the manifold, put it in position and rolled them into the grove that's formed. If you do just the manifold it should hold still by itself until you get one of the strap clamp into position.
I would roll the O ring on the manifold.. make sure the heads were loose.. put it in place let the o rings go on the crack and clamp it.. line it all up.. ratchet strap around it all.. then tighten the heads down.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
oldspeed said:
Yeah, that's how I do the o-ring style too. I thought Ben was talking about the flat style seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts