Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted anything worth mentioning but it's time i start sharing a bit more. Since selling my only runner (which was a total beauty in its own right), I have been itching to ride. And by ride I don't mean just any old hoopty, but ride something totally cool that also met the demand of a daily rider in NYC. I started to plan and dipped into piles of parts I've been stock piling and along with the "barnfind" superglide I recently gripped, I headed out to Mike and Ryan at 47 Industries to hardtail my oncoming chopper.

I was eager to get in touch with the gents at 47 to do the hardtail job for me especially after such a wildly successful build of my 73 cb350g that held a 5 page spread in DiCE magazine issue 27. it would have never made it that far without them. I knew exactly what was to be accomplished by these two and they never cease to amaze me.

repop forge plates were used for an authentic look that really seems to keep the masses guessing. Running juice drum brake in the rear a tab was fabbed up for it, its so clean appears as to be "stock". There is no disputing the divine level of craftsmanship they exhibit and I feel proud, comfortable, and safe with all the work they've done for me.

I'll keep everyone updated as this build progresses and draws to close. I'm super jazzed on it and just wanted to share it with the rest of the gang here on the board.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice......but I'm not sure about the divine level of craftsmanship. Possibly second year seminary level though.
Touché. Divinity? The dark father? I may be atheist, but I believe in those welds and their work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good thing you do it's your ass! :D What color you going with?
Color? Once that hardtail is painted black I'm leaving it as is.Don't want to worry about it being too nice. I'm saving the fancy paint for something else! Than again...

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Color? Once that hardtail is painted black I'm leaving it as is.Don't want to worry about it being too nice. I'm saving the fancy paint for something else! Than again...
Man...that's a great looking bike with spot-on proportions. At least paint it black and don't let it become another rusty heap...pleeeease

·
Registered
223 Posts
Man...that's a great looking bike with spot-on proportions. At least paint it black and don't let it become another rusty heap...pleeeease
Exactly my sentiments as well.....like we don't see enough of that these days.

Hatch: good eyes

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I promise it won't become a rusty heap. I certainly don't want that. Making it pretty or shiny just isn't in the cards at the moment.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If this thread is about welding, I'll let the pictures tell the story.

This thread is not about welding. It is about the progress of the build. The frame is really awesome in person and photos don't always do things justice. I am not sure what you are trying to highlight in the photo. Maybe the shadows or contrast are distracting you from the nice low bead.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Whatever.
Shit talking Mr. 47 and his fab abilities will rarely go very far.
It's not shit talking.... I have a friend/customer that lost his steering in his hotrod due to improper welding. Luckily he didn't get killed. I am also a previously certified all position pipe welder, and if I see something posted that I don't like, I will mention it...I post positive comments, and I also post negative comments, the two go hand in hand.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's not shit talking.... I have a friend/customer that lost his steering in his hotrod due to improper welding. Luckily he didn't get killed. I am also a previously certified all position pipe welder, and if I see something posted that I don't like, I will mention it...I post positive comments, and I also post negative comments, the two go hand in hand.
Are you saying this because of the undercut?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts