Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Shovelhead I am building for my friend Shane. The truth is he will probably have worked on it more than me by the time we are done. Our goal is to have it ready for the Born Free 4 show this spring.

Just rounding up parts so far. I need to start the fab work soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice, what frame is that? Rake, stretch, etc. Just trying to develop an eye for this kind of stuff.

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
Very nice, what frame is that? Rake, stretch, etc. Just trying to develop an eye for this kind of stuff.
Looks like a paughco frame, I can't tell the rake/stretch from those pics.

Nice start, that's gonna look good, keep us posted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its Paughco wishbone frame. 30 deg rake and 2" of stretch in the down tubes. I like Paughco because when you order them you can tell them to leave off whatever bracket you don't want. The welds are a little unsightly but it doesn't take long to grind then TIG weld them.

The rear wheel is a spindle mount American Racing drag race wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
that looks like the beginning of a bad ass bike. I just ordered a wishbone Paugcho frame about three weeks ago,...UPS lost the frame.

Good times.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My only concert is that magneto. I have seen them fall off after a night at the bar. But I only lost one before I figured it out. Thats when they were only about 350 bucks.
WTF??? :eek:

Great begining to this build!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are worried about that??? Why should you have to re-weld frame welds???
I am not really worried about it. Its just something that bugs me. Paughco makes a quality product but for the price of $800 they can't pay someone to TIG weld there frames. I like Paugho frames. In fact I just ordered another one. Ill still take a couple hrs of my time to "Clean it up"

1 - 20 of 90 Posts