Jockey Journal Forum banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
You may have noticed from the pictures that the transmission is lifted. I needed to some more room for the exhaust.

I added 6mm plates under the tranny plate. Three plates gives 18mm lift which is roughly 3/4".

Cow-pie tranny is tall, so it came close to the oil tank.

Lifting the transmission helped to tighten the primary chain. Extra bonus that came as a surprise, but a nice one :)

Tranny looked very bad, but 1/2 hour brushing made it look reasonable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Tools from Lidl are just fine :)

After several other options for the seat I ended up having a King & Queen. This was meant to be a solo bike so the queen seat can be very skinny.

Fender is very floppy so the seat had to be solid.

Mounting to sizzy.

Front mounting inside the seat tube.

Finished the metal work.

Some filling added.

I outsourced the seat finishing. That is something I just cant do. Local company called Satula-Ilkka did it for me.

The outcome was unreal

·
Registered
444 Posts
I finally got around to reading this thread.... great thread, love the bike!

..... using kind of primitive tools. I have a tiny lathe, tig welder, angle grinders + some other hand tools.
Nothing wrong with that, I've found that the more primitive the tools, the more "hand made" the look. Nothing more boring than cnc'd from billit butt jewelry.

Like, really love it, would marry it if that was legal.
Marrying it isn't the issue.... it's the whole consumatin' part that's worrysome. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
This story is jumping back and forth in time.

Building brakes is not the most exciting thing with the bike, but it is one of the many things that just have to be done.

I started by using the horizontal frame tube below transmission to bring brake to the right side. Bronze pushing and stainless steel rod.

Square hole is easy to make by welding pieces together.

Leth side mechanism

Pedal is trying to follow the motor shape

I like the way these two stainless rods play together

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'm jealous of people with drums. I don't have one and I want one! :(!! looks amazing Rezi, I love how this build is entirely one off!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Congrats Rezi!!!
Just read in MCM that you won best chopper in norrtälje and is nominated to bike of the year! If i could wote i would vote for you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
Good luck in the chopper awards..:cool:
Thanks. I need a lots of luck to win:)

I split the rockers, because I like split rockers in Shovelhead. Someone may say that Shovel's rocker splitting is so yesterday, but it's my bike and I can do what I want:)

I don't have CNC so I wanted to see if it can be done with an angle grinder.

No return...

slim 1mm disk cuts aluminum very easily

My DC TIG is not welding aluminum so I blocked the oil lines by making threads and inserting stainless steel screws into the holes.

See new oil line holes below the rocked axles

If you look carefully you'll see the stainless oil line blocks

I split them so that I was able to keep the center mounting screw.

Oil line T-crossing straight to the rocker

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I have always wanted to do split shovel boxes... love it. I think its a timeless mod and will always be one of my favorite details to look for.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have always wanted to do split shovel boxes... love it. I think its a timeless mod and will always be one of my favorite details to look for.
Totally agree, I think it looks much better. Especially when done with that much love and attention to detail!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Thanks Elffors. Those two things are pretty imaging. There will be an article of the bike also in MCM.
Last year i was nominated too. Every bike nominated but the one who won, was already published and the one who won, was published when the winner was anounnced. So you will probably win!

81 - 100 of 137 Posts