Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been gathering the required parts to start a new build. Will be hard tailing the frame using a fab Kevin kit, ratchet lid kick only, open chain primary and a few other nice pits. Updates to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Hound_dog is onto it - work out how you will rego then go forward from there - the mods you are proposing wont go through unless the bike is already rego'd?

Maybe you have this already sorted - ICV? or Other way???

(There are a few ways)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the concern. My frame is currently registered in South Australia. Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily in south Oz you can let the rego lapse and just go in whenever an pay rego 3 months at a time.. no road worthy certificate needed! Way better than the shit I had to go through in Vic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good to see some Aussies popping up! Hard to have a cool bike and not get screwed by department of transport or the police but there's some seriously cool stuff popping up. Look forward to watching this build.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm just going to spend a moment to mourn the loss of another swing arm frame.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone has to keep future frame builders in a job..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good stuff Trev. The badge in NSW can be very cluey when it comes to things like open primaries and other mods. Thankfully I now live somewhere u could put a V8 in a tricycle and the cops wouldnt bat an eyelid!

Neo, I hear you mate, though I am also guilty as charged!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys, looking at getting some insight into rims. I am looking at going with an 18'' rear 21'' front. Im thinking at this stage of using a lowbrow customs mini spool hub for the front laced to one of their 21s. My question is where is the best place to source an 18'' 40 spoke rear? I only want to run a 130 or 140mm rear tyre with a sprotor. Cheers Trev

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers. Will be using a sprotor because id like to try one. Best thing about building a bike is you can build it the way you like, be a bit boring if we all build the same shit.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
JTR in Queensland supply Akront/Morad rims.

I don't think I'd use a sprotor. Especially as the only brake.
The same thought popped into my head, the recommendation isn't about style it's about safety. May not be the best to have an oily chain running millimeters from your lone breaking surface. And I've heard mixed reviews about their breaking power irregardless of the chain. Have never heard they stop great, either just okay or sucks. Anybody have any personal experience with a sprotor that can give him good advice before he builds a death trap?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
they work as good as a banana caliper rotor with WD 40 sprayed on it

if you live in a location that allows a 1/8 mile to stop and no cross streets YOUR good to go

take advise on brakes is not going with the flow

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Oh GOD no!

That's almost as dangerous as using offset degree rake making neck cups.

Please for your children's sake, don't use a sproter sprocket thing. They don't work worth a shit. Crappy, aerated hydraulic drums that have to be pumped, work better.

I've done a few at protest and none stop well. I can't imagine having them be the only brake.

It would be like having a chopper stopper mini drum be the primary brake. Hell even stock Fl mechanical front drums work better.

I'm gonna have nightmares now, thanks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts