Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well WTH, just like the title sez. Back in early July I shagged this 77 FXE. Numbers are good, they match, good paper, cheap, why not. As I said in the pic topic it was an all too common story, a buddy took it apart, never came back. Seems about 99+% complete just missing a few hardware pcs and needs new gaskets. It was pretty fk'n filthy too. Still sorta is but I roughed in a quicky wash.

So far I have the clutch cleaned and fitted, secured the starter solenoid and found some sketchy wires. About 3 repairs and I can avoid a whole new harness. The rest looks fine. Picked up a manual so it's time to really let the games begin.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Wheel
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel Alloy wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So leading into the next episode I'll be soda blasting the gear case and primary covers. I'm buried in a Packard V-12 prep at the moment and midsummer MI humidity is murder. Turns out it has electronic ignition (Dynatek) and an Andrews A cam too. Just shagged an Excelsior 5.00-16 for the rear. Hate that crotch rocket look on newer tires. Looks like a matching 19" for the front is available too. While my cosmetic changes are not job 1 I will do some things as I roll along. Man, I hate the seat too. Not my style. If Mrs Jocko thinks she might ride again I'll reupholster, but the solo/drag bar look is winking at me lately. More to come...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, this is the build thread. I asked for opinions and tech in others, but the bike itself will happen here start to finish. If the reference is to my cam and drag bar threads I didn't wish to place them here because I thought they were part specific, would asist others, and get an opinion piece going about an aspect not 100% related to just mine. If have to pronoun here too I might just walk...o_O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts