Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just trying to determine if its the relay, the solenoid or the starter motor itself. was out for a run yesterday for an hour or so and bike ran great. got home, shut it off. went to ride it today and lights were on but when i push the starter button it just clicks. checked battery volts a-ok. checked voltage drop when pushing starter button and very very nominal. all wires are in tact and in place.

my guess is one of the 3 in the circuit shit the bed. if its the solenoid and or relay ill replace em. if its the starter itself i would rather go open belt and lose the weight of the primary and elec start anyway. not that i need to do that right away lol - just if i am going to put another 200 bills into it id rather go karata at some point.

any simple ways to test these? i will keep looking online. im sure its been covered before so ill keep searching.

- jason

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure how to short the solenoid? but can i take a jumper from the battery positive to the solenoid and see if the starter spins? is that essentially the same thing? sorry for dumb ass questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.