Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this

To This

Im working on changing up the pipes and sissy bar this week, the over the top-ness on both just didn't sit with me very well, normally i like my stuff real simple
but this one is kinda flashy to me and im having a hard time with it...
took me a bit to come to liking the tank....

This is what im heading for...a little photo shop work to see how i dig it before
i start the change.

But as for the bike i didnt change the motor at all, i did however have to rebuild the carb, which was super easy. She leaks like a pig but im in the process of taking care of that now..
My lady and i took it out and it was a blast super fast real responsive with that carb...wants to pull the front end up with way to much ease...

Yes its on CL local but i just tossed it there to see if some cat would pay me stupid money for it....but it really isnt forsale! =)
see ya all at born free!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
^^+1 ...I'm also curious, any chance of more (close up) pics of the tank also?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who did the tank work?
Slim did the tank,
flat bottom, moved the petcock, moved the filler
and welded inn the side panels which my friend Jamey Jordan from
http://handmadeseatco.com/v1/
made the sides and slim welded them in for me.
then i welded the metal around them.

but all in all Slim did it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
The before was pitiful and in need of love. You gave it love and then some. The after really is gorgeous. I could do the long sissy/pipes combo or short. Both look sweet. I would also love a closer look at that tank.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like/love the current state and the photo shop mods. Either way that thing is killer! The red grips, kicker pedal and pegs are just the right amount of color. If I had stupid crazy money I'd buy it from you.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was said to be a monster motor in there or?
kinda forgot what the story was...
I had a few guys asking the fly wheels and so i pulled the inspection plug the wheel number out to 96"
as for the other parts not sure yet havent had to tear it down
i can tell you this, the cat that built it missed a few seals...
i took it apart to go have new seals put in ( front main) and 4th gear and main in tranny...
the front main on the engine wasn't even there??? and the spacer looked as if some one took it to an bench grinder to make it round??? yikes
Just crossing my fingers the internals were put together buy someone not on a
bag of fun...
I can say that it hauls ass....super responsive with the weber!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts