Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to order a Rivera Pro Clutch for an early big twin '36-'84 and the custom chrome book states, "Application is for chain primary". I've got 1 1/2" open belt so wtf? I was thinking this should work, but, you never know. Is the only difference wet/dry? Do I need something "special"? Any help? Thanks again, Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you didn't see my earlier post, I've got a cone shovel, ratchet top 4 spd w/ jockey shift/foot clutch.
Built2Ride said:
Went to order a Rivera Pro Clutch for an early big twin '36-'84 and the custom chrome book states, "Application is for chain primary". I've got 1 1/2" open belt so wtf? I was thinking this should work, but, you never know. Is the only difference wet/dry? Do I need something "special"? Any help? Thanks again, Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,576 Posts
Built2Ride said:
If you didn't see my earlier post, I've got a cone shovel, ratchet top 4 spd w/ jockey shift/foot clutch.
So do I except I have a 3" belt but that shouldn't matter. Order just the clutch it will use your old clutch shell.The clutch comes with it's own hub which runs on a sealed bearing, which is 1 reason it functions so well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Bahh, who needs a clutch. Just speed shift. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Built2Ride said:
Went to order a Rivera Pro Clutch for an early big twin '36-'84 and the custom chrome book states, "Application is for chain primary". I've got 1 1/2" open belt so wtf? I was thinking this should work, but, you never know. Is the only difference wet/dry? Do I need something "special"? Any help? Thanks again, Ken
See, that's what you get for looking in CCI's catalog. What they mean (in a round about way) is that you'll be using your OEM clutch basket with the Pro Clutch kit.

The Rivera Pro Clutch part # PC-1000-A fits both the OEM-type chain drive clutch basket, and any belt drive setup that uses an OEM-type clutch hub. What you get is a big double row sealed bearing that replaces the OEM ball/cage bearing, and it also replaces the long roller-type bearings like the "Big Fix" bearings.

So, you need to reuse your old clutch basket, and the Pro Clutch kit goes into that, and they supply a new clutch hub. Call Rivera-Primo and order it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irish Rich said:
The Rivera Pro Clutch part # PC-1000-A
So, you need to reuse your old clutch basket, and the Pro Clutch kit goes into that, and they supply a new clutch hub. Call Rivera-Primo and order it.
Is this CCI part # 25106? I don't have the book in front of me. I'm still getting the COMPLETE kit right?
I get can get shop price out of custom chrome. Thanks fellas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Built2Ride said:
Is this CCI part # 25106? I don't have the book in front of me. I'm still getting the COMPLETE kit right?
I get can get shop price out of custom chrome. Thanks fellas.
Yeah, CCI part 25106, as long as your present belt drive clutch basket is the the early style with the dogs for the plates in it.

You aren't getting a new basket in this kit, just the hub bearing, the hub, plates, and the diaphram spring/related hardware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Irish Rich said:
Yeah, CCI part 25106, as long as your present belt drive clutch basket is the the early style with the dogs for the plates in it.

You aren't getting a new basket in this kit, just the hub bearing, the hub, plates, and the diaphram spring/related hardware.
Yeah, got the dogs. Thank you sirs. Ken
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top