Jockey Journal Forum banner

Shop needed.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Irish Rich 
#1 ·
Ok im kinda stuck here. My motor is in a million little pieces and my rear head is fucked. From the estimates ive gotten my wallets gonna get raped to fix it....
So im gonna focus on the trans.

The Problem:
All the shops around me dont know anything about stuff older then a cone shovel and dont really do things harder then change tires and do tune ups. Plus i dont trust anyone to work on my stuff . But i guess i cant do everything.
Anyway, does
anyone know of a shop in the L.A. / Burbank / Glendale / San Gabriel Valley / maybe even all the way in Long Beach area who knows how to rebuild a pre 1965 transmission properly ?
Ive been pestering the few old timers i know and the shops they would trust to do it are long gone and they cant find the guys who used to run them :confused: .

#4 ·
One more time......

PAT LEAHY - HIGH GEAR MACHINE, Long Beach. On the scary side of the 710

Pat was Evil Knevel's wrench, fer chrissakes! Remember the guy in Jesse's History Of The Chopper that they interviewed right after McMullen's segment? That was Pat! Over 40 years doing this stuff. From top fuelers to outlaw motorcycles, and everything inbetween.

http://www.highgearmachine.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.