Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pops got a 88 kawasaki 250 eliminator, NOT a cool bike, i KNOW... here s the problem, i did tune up, everything seems fine, just ISNT getting fuel?????? has spark, turns with starting fluid... lines have gas in em, i can freakin see it!... what could be up?? parallel Vtwin motor, liquid cooled, SOOOOO gay... but i want it to run for him,... new plugs, all checked out, oil change, etc... i wanna fix this shit man, WHO CAN HELP ME??

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you checked the jets in the carbs? If the bike has set for any time, they may have varnished shut....

...and "cool" is subjective....don't look at what the bike is, look at what it could be

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, honestly, i guess it COULD be cool,. but the old man wants it STOCK... didnt look at carbs too much, it sat for atleast a yuear... atleast... its only got 2800miles on it, LOL.. bouight it off the old lady down the streeeet, for real, LOL... $200... i guess i gotta take apart the carbs... i would imagine its just as easy as a car??? never really worked on bikes til recently.,... it must be somethihng with them though cause it kicks with starter fluid, but dies right away obviously... thnaks for the help, im a new guy, didnt expect many people to notice / care

·
Registered
181 Posts
don't know much about those engines....if it's a V-twin, should have one carb hanging off the side...if it's a P-twin, it will probably have two carbs on the back...pull the jets and see if you can run a guitar string (high B or E) thru them...if not, chances are that's your problem....make sure you check the primary jets and the idle jets....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.