Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a tank on egay for my bike, and the damn shipping costs are recockulous. One tank had a shipping price of 50.00, which I could see if the tank was full of concrete. I am not saying that all seller try and rake you over the coals on shipping...thank god for the "I will only charge you actual cost for shipping" guy. Just had to vent...hope everyones day is going well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
atleast he had the shipping listed and let you decide if you wanted to pay that or not...could of won it then he send ya a invoice for 50 bux shipping...I won't buy anything off of egay that doesn't include the shipping up front...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I sell shit on Ebay all the time and $50.00 for a tank is stupid. I do usually try to make a couple of bucks on the shipping just because I have to box the item up, spend money for supplies, and drive it to FedEx.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
this has come up on another board and i may have pissed off a couple guys. the other site was a car site. y'all know i'm a car guy.

any how if i'm gonna piss off guys here. here we go...
there are a lotta buyers on ebay. there are maybe 3 kinds of sellers.
1) profesionals/businessman-ebay is their only job/income. they know what they're doin' and will tell ya up front what shipping and "handleing" will be or factor that into the asking price of the item.(the cost of doin' business)
2) the amature- the new guy(with a day job) selling that will get negative feedback because a buyer felt robbedbecause he/she wasnt prepared for some fees.
3)the hobbyest- the guy that sells stuff because it's fun and can make a couple bucks, but realises that ebay is a GAME for the buyer and seller. wether yer sellin' or buyin' M/C parts, comic books, cofee pots, or cowboy boots ebay always gets their cut.
a seller may not meet the resevre or no one may bid on their crap. the buyer may have to fight between other guys at a huge price to "win" an item. egay will not lose out.

i guess there are other egay sellers like dumb-asses and crooks.
whoa! didijust type all that shit?
sorry guys. i got fucked like that once(once!) and i'mjust ultra careful now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Scam--- fat and in your face! $50 :rolleyes:
Look at the Stamp.
Then go to Costco get a few free boxs and buy a roll of tape. Wonder how much $$ is left outta the 50? back to the meat section for steaks:) Ok that now makes $50.
If ya get hosed on shipping Leave Neg Feedback saying so!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.