Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Brings back memories, mine was extracted from a Garden shed here in South Australia ! the blended frame just had the perfect amount of Bondo-crack! (or BOG Crack for us aussies). that sounds wrroonngg. Nice score tho..they are still out there (in very small numbers i am betting):rolleyes:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that as of tea time yesterday the offers were over $8k . I have a US shop I buy off that wants it also and if successful I'll have to export it for them .

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Yes, it had a clear title. The widow and her sons wanted 10k for it. After a few visits, the price started falling. The last visit, the two sons showed up half drunk, and when I said I had cash, they both told their mother to take the money. Apparently the kids were out of beer and cash was a priority. I got to go through the shed and keep everything HD related, but she said to stay away from the tractor stuff.....no problem!
The bike had been sitting so long, that the chain was rusted solid and the exhaust was only a line of dust on the dirt floor. The motor ran, but was very loose. The transmission need a little repair, but within a week I had the bike running and riding.
I'm told there was another complete basket bike in the shed, but somebody got most of it. All that was left of it was the motor and the bucket of carbs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts