Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally tore my bike down for paint. A local guy named Smokey painted it for me. She's not together yet and the photos are pre-clear coat but I had to share. The damn bike is finally getting close to my original vision. One piece at a time in the very rare moments I agree to get off of her long enough to tear into her.

Here she is just before paint

I doodled all over her with sharpie before we sent her to paint

And here she is the very first day I got her. I refer to it as her Prince Purple Rain phase.

I follow up once she is together. Should happen fast. I plan on being at Slab City Riot.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doodle it again over that flakejob before he puts the clear on!!
I do plan on doodling all over it. I will do so over the clear and then seal it again. I want the doodle to float over the flake. ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cant wait for pics of the final product. I love the simple but flashy gold flake. But for the record, the sharpie on the flat white looked kind of cool too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HOK Pagan Gold over silver?
Nope. It's a custom blend of a HOK flake and a Roth Flake. The base is a golden tone. I wanted it GOLD. Not too black not too yellow. I think we nailed it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Looks good. I'll bet it looks great when it's all back together! Not that it matters, it's your bike, but glad to see you put a Sportster tank back on it.

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
Looks really good, post some photos when you get it all back together.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That paint is sic. I cant wait to see it in the sunshine. You gotta let me know when she is back together and we can do the photos again. Killer color choice.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts