Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all know that with all the dumb posts you're turning this place into something y'all complaining about, right?

I'm for one, glad to see this board relax a little bit and let some personal or humorous content in. Some Interweb Nazis were just to uptight for my taste, but lets not get out of controll if you want this board to survive.

Just my 2 shekels ...

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Y'all know that with all the dumb posts you're turning this place into something y'all complaining about, right?

I'm for one, glad to see this board relax a little bit and let some personal or humorous content in. Some Interweb Nazis were just to uptight for my taste, but lets not get out of controll if you want this board to survive.

Just my 2 shekels ...
I thought there was always some humor here. Doug posted some pretty funny stuff when he was the mod. And it's lightened up from there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A lot of this has brought up some great references to Dragon. I always thought he had some of the funniest one liners in the board.

If we keep acting like this place is falling apart, we'll be sealing its fate. Someone better start getting the off-topic posts under control, and maybe the new admin. will be open to bringing back some of the things that made JJ great in first place. Let's start with TECH WEEK!

·
6,351 Posts
"except when he didn't find it funny it was gone in a blink of an eye ..."

Yup, but that's the price you pay. Frankly, I like the fact that this place didn't devolve into a poop-flinging kindergraten like Chop Cult or shovelhead.us (though shovelhead.us IS the source for shovel info, just just have to wade thru the garbage).
That's why he condensed all the off- topic into threads; if you didn't want to see fish-lipped bimbos on bikes, you didn't have to and it didn't litter the real stuff.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"except when he didn't find it funny it was gone in a blink of an eye ..."

Yup, but that's the price you pay. Frankly, I like the fact that this place didn't devolve into a poop-flinging kindergraten like Chop Cult or shovelhead.us (though shovelhead.us IS the source for shovel info, just just have to wade thru the garbage).
That's why he condensed all the off- topic into threads; if you didn't want to see fish-lipped bimbos on bikes, you didn't have to and it didn't litter the real stuff.
Agree. and he did drop some AWESOME one liners.
I never understood why there couldn't be a section for all the ball busting and off-topic debauchery, while leaving the main section the way it was meant to be.
If there was an "off topic" or "unapproved bike" section, maybe some of us could get valuable advice on Twin Cams ...
Some of the restrictions of this board have pushed people away. I was one of them.

·
6,351 Posts
Agree. and he did drop some AWESOME one liners.
I never understood why there couldn't be a section for all the ball busting and off-topic debauchery, while leaving the main section the way it was meant to be.
My attitude towards that?
There's an entire Internet out there for that shit. It's just unnecessary, and it will slop over to the main boards.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My attitude towards that?
There's an entire Internet out there for that shit. It's just unnecessary, and it will slop over to the main boards.
Doesn't have to. On Shovelhead forum, there is a BS section that I haven't visited in MONTHS, but there's also an area that had most answers I needed answered.

I'm not telling anyone how they should run their forum. I just know what I like or not.

·
Registered
656 Posts
"If there was an "off topic" or "unapproved bike" section, maybe some of us could get valuable advice on Twin Cams ...
Some of the restrictions of this board have pushed people away. I was one of them."

theres other boards for all kinds of bikes.the chop cult has a section for each.alot of the same guys are there.the horse has evrything and a decent tech area.thats only 2,there are plenty more.this board is older bikes.american and english,if you dont have one or dont need to know about one then move on.like i said ya ask twin ???s plenty of other places.

·
Registered
935 Posts
some of it sucks some of it dont,thats what the mouse is for.if someone creeps you out there is an ignore function.life is as good as you make it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"If there was an "off topic" or "unapproved bike" section, maybe some of us could get valuable advice on Twin Cams ...
Some of the restrictions of this board have pushed people away. I was one of them."

theres other boards for all kinds of bikes.the chop cult has a section for each.alot of the same guys are there.the horse has evrything and a decent tech area.thats only 2,there are plenty more.this board is older bikes.american and english,if you dont have one or dont need to know about one then move on.like i said ya ask twin ???s plenty of other places.
thanks for that valuable advice.
Just in case you're wondering, I joined this board before you did when I needed advice on my Triumph. Besides the Trump, I got a airhead BMW, a Jap Cafe bike, a Shovelhead and my "road bike" is Twinkie Super Glide. There has been a few cool builds on this board that are not early Brit or American and I like seeing them.
This board, imo, is the premier place for the best builds and most talented and knowledgeable builders. That is why I'm still here mostly lurking and learning.
CC, The Horse and even Shovelhead place just don't have same level of scoots.

·
Banned
172 Posts
No one will ever agree on this... Those who want an off topic section will support it those who do not will complain that it is ruining the board... It is just lie politics or religion. You cannot convince anyone of anything they do not want to believe.

as for the opinions about best builders and best advise...once again that is subjective. if you like what someone is doing, it is easy to believe he is credible as a bike builder. it does not necessarily mean that he is, or that the rest of the motorcycling public will believe it. it is subjective to what you want to see.

as for this site reverting back to "the way it was"... Common sense dictates that it is not going to happen that way. The media company wants advertising money. They do not get that if it is the same few people clicking on here day after day. They want traffic. . To get that kind of traffic they cannot allow it to remain a closed niche forum. There has to be something here that the general public wants to read

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
How about we stop with these meaningless threads that contribute nothing to this board and we just talk soley about appropiate bikes and building, riding, breaking, building them again? If you want to talk about other stuff, put the keyboard down, step away from the computer and go to the bar.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Doug at one time said I should have my ass kicked for fucking up a motorcycle I had just bought....I was just fucking around, and when he realized it, he calmed down. I did get to visit him before he died, and he was the perfect host when I stopped by his home. He was a biker in the truest sense of the word.....not a motorcyclist but a biker. He said what he felt....never held back, and I admire him for that. I'm glad I got to meet him......and even though we locked horns a couple times, I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

·
Banned
172 Posts
How about we stop with these meaningless threads that contribute nothing to this board and we just talk soley about appropiate bikes and building, riding, breaking, building them again? If you want to talk about other stuff, put the keyboard down, step away from the computer and go to the bar.
isn't that part of the point, and the reason for much the teeth gnashing, here?

the members no longer get to dictate which bikes are appropriate and which are not. The idea that the forum is a democracy is inaccurate and passe so far as the owning media company is concerned. Who is to say that the media company does not want to cater to the owners /builders of newer bikes, and the money they spend?

do you expect the media company to post a set of rules banning year specific bike discussion? Media companies like money. The vast majority of money spent on motorcycles is not spent by a few self proclaimed elite chopper owners, but by the weekend warriors buying doo dads... Who is to say that the media company will not welcome those riders, and the discussion that comes with them?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doug at one time said I should have my ass kicked for fucking up a motorcycle I had just bought....I was just fucking around, and when he realized it, he calmed down. I did get to visit him before he died, and he was the perfect host when I stopped by his home. He was a biker in the truest sense of the word.....not a motorcyclist but a biker. He said what he felt....never held back, and I admire him for that. I'm glad I got to meet him......and even though we locked horns a couple times, I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.
You were lucky. Even though he and I locked horns as well, I had a lot of respect for him and would of loved to meet him.

·
Banned
172 Posts
^^^^^^And you think people come here to read this crap?^^^^^^

I don't think so? :rolleyes: I'm a member on one forum this one! And your a member of how many 5 I think you said. I think there is a reason for that.
funny, I do not remember stating how many forums I was a member of...care to refresh me memory as to where you came up with this number...

but I do have to commend you. That is a very nice straw man argument. it is still a straw man argument, but it is a very nice one...:rolleyes:

you did NOT dispute a single thing I said, Instead you took another rout, and tried to encourage an emotional response that was in support of your interests. Then you chose to make a personal reference to try to discredit me, personally, when you could not dispute my point...

this tactic is probably very effective if you are a 13 year old aspiring queen of some obscure trailer park, but it is really just humorous when you look at it for what it really is

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.