Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
"...You will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

Semper Fi is more than a motto, it's something that we all live by. Ooh Rah, Gyrines

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit.
Marine Major General John F. Kelly

Semper Fi jarheads.... young, old salty and even the boots.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i asked an MP once, when he rolled one of my M1123 HMMWV's (i ran the motorpool as a lance cooley) what the hell happened? he was fresh, less than a year in the 'Corps. he gave me a practiced 1000 yard stare, and responded by saying "I am a pillar of salt."
what?
"I am a pillar of salt. Salty dogs don't have to explain themselves."

i was so floored by his response, that i couldn't even justify the paperwork that would have ruined him in our unit. found the guy recently on FaceBook, dude is a Staff Sergeant, on his 4th trip to Iraq. two Purple Hearts, and the motherfucker is still goin'. i'm glad that he had the balls to say what he did, and make me laugh. otherwise, he would have been NJP'd as a PFC and lost all motovation.
Always Faithful

·
Registered
40 Posts
On this day 234 years ago I group of men pissed off at the king of England and his decision to try and take their country and their home decided to do something about it. Their desire for freedom, the anger in their hearts, and their unstoppable will turned those men into the worlds greatest fighting force. Those qualities have been passed down through the ages to every man that proves himself to be strong enough to claim the title " United States Marine"
Semper Fi brothers and Happy birthday.

Sgt. Smith 1bn 5th mar.
Weapons Co. 81mm mortar platoon

·
Registered
203 Posts
Happy birthday brothers

To the USMC, the only service founded in a bar....

E/2/7 2nd Battalion, Seventh Marines, first to go, last to know.

Nothing is too good for Seventh Marines, and nothing is just what we got....

Commandant's Message

(can be slow to load)

·
Registered
132 Posts
A legacy is born

During the American Revolution, many important political discussions took place in the inns and taverns of Philadelphia</ST1:p, including the founding of the Marine Corps.

A committee of the Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern to draft a resolution calling for two battalions of Marines able to fight for independence at sea and on shore.

The resolution was approved on November 10, 1775, officially forming the Continental Marines.

As the first order of business, Samuel Nicholas became Commandant of the newly formed Marines. Tun Tavern's owner and popular patriot, Robert Mullan, became his first captain and recruiter. They began gathering support and were ready for action by early 1776.

Each year, the Marine Corps marks November 10th with a celebration of the brave spirit which compelled these men and thousands since to defend our country as United States Marines.

Happy Birthday Marines<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happy Birthday Devil Dogs! Thoughts and prayers to those serving overseas.

0802 and MCIWS: 1989 - 1996.

Arty FO for Bravo 1/6 during Desert Shield/Storm. Nothin' scarier than a brand new 2nd Lt with that much fire power in a combat environment!!!

"Always send a bullet before you send a Marine, and the bigger the bullet the better"

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Happy birthday to you all and many, many thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts