Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the middle of my 66 TR6 build. I have most of it together (not really, its just in my head), but am really hung up on the seat. I got a LePera seat in a bunch of parts I bought and really like it, but was originally going to do a spung solo seat. BUT.... when I throw on this LePera, it just seems to fit. I think this seat is meant to be solid mounted, but my idea is to use short springs (maybe 1" or 2") underneath. There is about 1" to 1-1/2" from where the springs would mount, to the bottom of the seat pan. The springs would be mainly hidden, I just wanted a little give since it's a hardtail. Has anyone ran this setup? I just want to make sure that I'm thinking straight. Here are some crappy pics so you can see what I'm talkin about. This is my first build, so I already know there's a lot of issues to deal with.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Looks a bit big, especially the first view. Almost as big as the fuel tank.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't know, if you look at that third pic the proportions seem pretty much right. That's a good looking seat just as is!;)

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Can't speak about short springs under the seat but, had a softail that was lowered about as much as it could be, about an inch of travel, just enough to realy compress your spine on bumps!
Back in the day, we just let some air out of the rear tire.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess I'll just solid mount it and try it out. Hinge or no hinge for the seat is the next question. It would give me quick access to the battery, but that's about it. Mulling it over.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Take a look at not45blesk bike it's a hardtail with a sprung seat. Smaller seat, ask him how it rides.( Short springs)Chicos Lime pan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like the seat fits fine! Let me know if you have any extra parts lying around. My son just started building a 61 triumph. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts