Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my seat broke, HAHAHAHAHA.. hit a HUGE bump, broke a weld, and messed it up pretty good, LOL....

i think i may splurge on a seat from fat lucky, the pinstriped ones... just cant pick a color, bike will stay pretty much like this, bare tank, faded old model a paint on the fender, but what seat color? blue, grey, red, gold??? whatever i pick will have black and white stripping, and white trim to match the grips, pegs, etc that are on there now...

just ordered a 21" spool from TRENT who gave me a great deal...

so bike will be pretty much DONE now!

what do you guys think? here is newest pic i have here at work, its a lil more cleaned up now, white pegs on, white wires...

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
????? (sits in corner wondering why this guy can't make decision himself???) HMMM....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pretty much have made the decision, but i always like to ask around... i photoshopped em all on, and i have some friends on here i wanted to ask... im thinkin silver/grey color so it doesnt take too much from the bike, but thought i would hear other opinions... its my first bike build ever, and thought i would get smoe ideas...

noone here has to ride it or pay for it, just askin opinions... thanks for the comment

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
WTF? seat broke???
i still have the pattern frome when i made that one. i'll make another for ya(no cost of course).
i've been thinkin' abvout a little diferent size/shape i wanna make, and i really wanna cover one in brown suede.
save yer dough dude.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dig teh size, kinda wish it would have a lil flip up in the back like a 40 degree angle to hold me in, LOL.... size is RIGHT ON, spring mounts were PERFECT width and all....

brown suede wouldnt match my bike i dont think, but would look cool... i love the all white, i need to learn to stitch and make two tone or something like taht... hahhahaa...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i should have enough white left to do 3 or 4 more seats.
lemme check and get back to ya.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats just how mine is now, dirty and white, LOL

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
the essex solo seat line might be not quite understood on a prodominantly american board... white seats do look cool but not for me... i recon brown suade could look really cool on that bike 51rat would pick up some of the metal colours and patina bits - go suade dont follow the white army - everyones getting white solos nowadays - even over here it seems that way...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Get a custom one, try grey humpback whale skin with white harp seal piping. Have it stuffed with bald eagle feathers. Mmmmm, comfy.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
as long as you dont get the bit with the blowhole in it - that wouldnt be a good look at all...

·
Registered
344 Posts
hahaha - Yer I forget about the Essex - USA thing sorry Sumo! haha

Although there is something very therapeutic about unwraping a nice clean white seat, and in the space of two minutes covering teh sodding thing in greasy stains just trying to fit the bloody thing.

If i didn't go with my white essex solo, I got an old bates style (real old) seat pan, i'd get that re-stitched in a dark red with black and white stripin'....

or...

my mate who now lives in Spain is apparently running around on a lolo (yup low - low!) Lambretta with snake skin (boa seat) could be interesting! hahaha still waiting for pics of that one!

But a dark red or cobalt blue stripped would look bad ass...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts