Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sealed beam in a Vintage bucket?

My basket case had no headlight at all in it, I did have the warning lights but that was it. I bought a new bucket and ring for it but can't seem to figure out what I am missing to mount a sealed beam head light in it. I am sure it can be done, has anyone on here done it? Oh yeah this is a Triumph side mount bucket with the switch and 3 warning lights.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Re: Sealed beam in a Vintage bucket?

asillymick said:
My basket case had no headlight at all in it, I did have the warning lights but that was it. I bought a new bucket and ring for it but can't seem to figure out what I am missing to mount a sealed beam head light in it. I am sure it can be done, has anyone on here done it? Oh yeah this is a Triumph side mount bucket with the switch and 3 warning lights.
Need more info as to what year you are talking about,Vintage means a vehicle built between 1917 to 1930, if in fact you mean something of the 60s/70s era all you need is the sealed beam and the original spring clips that held the un sealed headlight in ,should be a straight swap.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
some old buckets like cushmans and hummers used a seperate reflector/bulb holder and glass face. on the 5 3/4 versions of those you can cut 3 notches in the lip that held the old reflector and mount a sealed beam in there. if the sealed beam is slightly loose you can put a couple turns of black tape around the bulb rim to tighten it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts