Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has used it on chrome to dull the finish or get that "brushed" or "stainless" look? How did it work? Does it scratch or just dull it?

I'm gonna try it when i get home tonite, but i thought i would ask for some opinions and experiences anyway...

Is there a better way to get the brushed look out of chrome?

Grassy ass!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
First it scratches, then it dulls.

Ryno said:
Who has used it on chrome to dull the finish or get that "brushed" or "stainless" look? How did it work? Does it scratch or just dull it?

I'm gonna try it when i get home tonite, but i thought i would ask for some opinions and experiences anyway...

Is there a better way to get the brushed look out of chrome?

Grassy ass!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on!
thanks for the pics...
I've got a few things to scuff...

Does it still maintain the qualities of chrome as far as rust, etc...?
Is the metal more vulnerable after?

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Dont use the coarse grit scotch brite.. and DONT act like you are rubbing off a layer of 50 year old rust.

Just a light scuffing, in ONE direction..

if you use LIGHT pressure, scuff in ONE direction, and dont OVERDO it.. it will turn out nice.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Just scuff it a bit and touch up here and there later. I've used it on chrome and alum and it looks great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used it over chrome and it does make a nice dull finish. I also used it on bare metal and cleared over the top.

FED

·
Registered
174 Posts
FEDSLED said:
I used it over chrome and it does make a nice dull finish. I also used it on bare metal and cleared over the top.

FED

That looks sweet,especially like the headlight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts