Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evo shit is way out of my normal lane, but I am often distracted by bright objects so I am experimenting with a fork idea. I picked up a set of 2000 up Softy 41mm lowers last month with the intent to bore a set of Evo Sportster 39mm trees to 41mm and build a narrow 41mm fork. Since I don't have any EVO Sportster trees , I can't measure the difference to see if this will work and since most of the participants on this board are scoungers like me, I suspect at least one or more of you has either done this or really considered it. Any pros or cons...am I a dumbass, will it make my butt look big...any comments regarding my parentage or mental state?
Mucho grassy ass,
Hank

·
Registered
91 Posts
Apehanger Hank said:
Evo shit is way out of my normal lane, but I am often distracted by bright objects so I am experimenting with a fork idea. I picked up a set of 2000 up Softy 41mm lowers last month with the intent to bore a set of Evo Sportster 39mm trees to 41mm and build a narrow 41mm fork. Since I don't have any EVO Sportster trees , I can't measure the difference to see if this will work and since most of the participants on this board are scoungers like me, I suspect at least one or more of you has either done this or really considered it. Any pros or cons...am I a dumbass, will it make my butt look big...any comments regarding my parentage or mental state?
Mucho grassy ass,
Hank
Well,,, I dont know if it would work. Sounds like you would be saving yourself $400 if you did it your way.....

check out these.

http://www.jammerclub.com/catalogs/jammer2006/0110.html

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hank, I actually have all them parts you talk about at my buddy's shot! darn I should keep them measurements handy. some hints,
buy '99- earlier forks, seem in 200 there wers some axle changes, I believe only on the dressers.
Also note the 99 and ealier have a different caliper setup. The 99 calipers are becoming plentiful and are easy to rebuild. just some info that I thought you might be able to use. Anyone can add or correct me if Im wrong.
Abe

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I did it twice, boring late model 39mm XL trees to accept 41mm bigtwin tubes...works perfect ! I posted some pics a year ago or so on this board but I can't find them anymore...here some more..

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments and assistance. So I am not crazy after all and may actually put this thing together. Turbo - I like chicken too!
Abe - appreciate the hint about the lowers but already have the 2000 lowers, will probably run Jap calipers with some type of adapter bracket and have to bore the hub to fit the axle or sleeve or something. Natas- thanks for confirming my mental state and Danny, I should have expected that you had already done this!
Hank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts