Jockey Journal Forum banner

Scgool me on FXR models

13K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  burnout2614 
#1 ·
After deciding on an FXR for the next bike, I'm kind of overwhelmed at all the different models, and have no idea what the difference is between an FXR and an FXRT or FXD or any of the other modeals. Id there a rhyme or reason to what the different letters mean? Thanks.

#8 ·
They are all the same base. Cosmetics is what changes the name. Take the fairing (4 bolts holding it) and bags from an FXRT and you have an FXR. fxrP the P stands for police I have a FXRP inside is stock. Special has different wheels and the Candy is a special color package. Any FXR you get you will be happy. FGH

#14 ·
You can easily spot an FXR by the frame tubes that make a triangle under the seat. The FXR was the plain jane no chrome model.
FXRS in the Shovel years had a little more chrome. In the first couple of Evo years it was the Low Glide and then became the Low Rider with tank-mounted speedo and tach.
FXRS-Sp was the sport model with handlebar-mounted gauges and taller suspension. FXRS-Conv same as Sport but convertible with removable bags and windshield
FXRT had a frame-mounted fairing and hard bags, taller suspension.
FXLR was a custom with lower suspension, same as FXR, FXRS and different speedo, wheels and tank, the only one not to have "R" as the third letter.
FXRP Police model with sprung seat.
Those were the main models, but there were some others over the years; FXRDG Disc Glide, FXRD touring deluxe, FXRC custom...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.