Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
run a 5.25 car tire on a bike? the white wall on one side only is a cool look to me, but im GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFY

·
Registered
981 Posts
this is a bike my dad has had for more than 30 years. (i would get into the story on this bike but thats for another time) we're currently rebuilding it, i wish i had better pics of it. it has volkswagen wheels and tires. its strictly used with the sidecar. when the time came to get new tires my dad had bought radials to try and maybe ride it on two wheels. but he said it just felt too weird. its nearly impossible to lean well. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
WTF? I think we're gonna need more info on this one...

Capt. Cal said:
this is a bike my dad has had for more than 30 years. (i would get into the story on this bike but thats for another time) we're currently rebuilding it, i wish i had better pics of it. it has volkswagen wheels and tires. its strictly used with the sidecar. when the time came to get new tires my dad had bought radials to try and maybe ride it on two wheels. but he said it just felt too weird. its nearly impossible to lean well. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Here is a bike with a car radial on the back that a friend of mine had in the 70's. He said it had a shimmy in it around 40, but not bad. You can probably tell the bike isn't a canyon carver, but in '78 he did ride it from Austin to Seattle. Then he rode south to Yosimite and back over to Sturgis, before he headed home.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Larry T said:
Here is a bike with a car radial on the back that a friend of mine had in the 70's. He said it had a shimmy in it around 40, but not bad. You can probably tell the bike isn't a canyon carver, but in '78 he did ride it from Austin to Seattle. Then he rode south to Yosimite and back over to Sturgis, before he headed home.
Running a car radial tire on the back or running a 5.25 car tire on the back as mentioned by 51Rat are 2 different things though...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Capt. Cal said:
[/QUOT
i realize that this is set up for sidecar use but what engine did/does it use=looks cool-we definately "need more info on this one"! thanks- cheif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts