Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.

I have a Santee rigid frame with a Pandemonium Panhead (the STD cases and heads one) and mounted a Santee wrap around / horseshoe oil tank. There was no instructions with the tank saying which outlets are feed, suction or what??
There is 3 tubes coming out of the bottom of the tank and you can't see inside the tank to see how they are routed.

The tank looks exactly like this one with the 3rd tube not visible in the picture.

Sure would appreciate it if anyone familiar with one of these tanks can help out.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lloyd, Glad I asked cause I was completely wrong. I was sure the one not shown would be the vent and the 2 together would be feed and return.

Was seriously thinking of cutting a hole in the bottom just to look inside and then weld it up and probably end up with a leak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

Like I said it came with no instructions in the box and the only information I can find is from Custom Chrome's pdf. file for rigid frames.
The one I have is the side fill
Here is what a screen shot of the pdf looks like.

Attachments

·
6,351 Posts
Pour oil in it.
Whichever one makes a puddle is feed, so at least you'll know that much...

Actually, would't both the remaining outlets have standpipes? Vent would certainly need one, and the return wouldn't have you pushing return oil throught the tank oil, right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was another option I was considering -- "the ol' first hole to leave an oil puddle on the floor ploy" but that would only tell me what one hole is and the other two would still be a mystery.
It makes sense that the one not shown in the picture and is closer to the center of the tank would be the feed hole.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You could try and call Custom Chrome's tech line. Sometimes they're ok, sometimes not. But it's an option.
Just out of curiosity, are the lines set up like a Soft Tail tank?
Larry T

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the tank on eBay and the seller was probably a CC dealer, but it is worth a try to call them.
Was hoping someone here has actually installed one of these tanks and could help.

Here is a picture of the bottom from the primary side. I had to heat and bend two of the tubes to clear the rear exhaust pipe and the 3rd one you are looking right down the bore of it just to the left of the battery cable to the starter.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, i assumed the tubes out the front are (inner) vent and (outer) return...But a softail diagram online shows the outer as the vent, which is stupid, considering the vent on the motor is more inboard than the rest. I have the same tank with the same question--thats what brought me here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts