Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
G

·
4 1/2" stroke / 3 5/8" bore will give you a 93" motor. Use the lower compression S&S kit for easier starting, with Andrews B grind cam or similar, and Super B or E. You will be happy. Torque for days, great highway motor with a 5 speed, and a long life if treated well.
I like his idea....

My 52 has 4-3/4 stroke and Hi-compression....
Being ..... "Kick Only"

Over the years.....It hasn't been ....

............."Kick Friendly"...............

(One of these days, I'm going to get around to De-tuning the beast)
......................But not yet ...... Still having fun......................

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
I like his idea....

My 52 has 4-3/4 stroke and Hi-compression....
Being ..... "Kick Only"

Over the years.....It hasn't been ....

............."Kick Friendly"...............

(One of these days, I'm going to get around to De-tuning the beast)
......................But not yet ...... Still having fun......................
Wow I bet not. I bet that hurt? From time to time? :)

G

·
Kinda got a wonder going on with what you have in mind of doing...???

If you are going to do a clean up on what you have...
Be good to go...

The flywheels are pretty tough...As long as the tapers are not ate away...

These are 45" wheels that was stored at the bottom of a well for twenty years...
Did a bead blast to them....Got some really deep pits going on..
Was going to put them back in service, but found a better used set to go in the build....

What you are dealing with is nowhere near as bad as these where in..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
the thought has crossed my mind to build what I have and go on and save money.

But at the same time, I have a stock shovel, I would love to get some more power. I have found a guy selling new 4 1/2' wheels and rods, balanced and ready to go and the 3 5/8 jugs and pistons matched for about $1000 for everything. Which would put me back the the same place in the motor build with better parts. But, That is about the top end of what I have to work with right now and still need cam, head work, gaskets, tappets, and hell, I need some more money.

I will likely have everything here cleaned up and keep stashing money away till I can do what I want. But, this time I will keep it in the house. Thanks for the help.

G

·
I would love to get some more power.
I have found a guy selling new 4 1/2' wheels and rods, balanced and ready to go and the 3 5/8 jugs and pistons matched for about $1000 for everything..
Not telling you what to do, by no means.......But

Better jump on this deal while the jumping is good...

The S&S Big Bore Kit alone is about a grand...(No Rods, Wheels, Shafts and No Balance and Tured)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hell sometimes I need to be told what to do. These are NOT S&S, but are new and ready to go. And at about half the price of S&S I should probably get them and store them all under my bed till the time is right.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
a set of T&O wheels and rods ect or S&S wheels rods ect are not much more than that good to go set. I personally would put the T&O in ....

G

·
The combo of Hi-Po parts that I been using on the lower end that works really well is......

T&O Light wheels.....Unless you are planing on pulling a side-car, trailer or riding with Bertha .... Then the Heavy wheels would be a better choice.

H-Beam Rods or S&S....Like the H-Beams for their lighter weight...

Piston would also be S&S....They use to have them made by TRW and Manley to their Specks ... Now-a-days...They are Wiseco's.
CP, JE, Ross, Arias are a few others that are Forged, and are on the Top Shelf.

Really depends on your Budget for the Pick of Hi-Po Parts that are on the Market.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts