Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told that to pass a safety i need a hi/low beam but i can't find the light i like with one. would i be able to run a duel light (70's style) and have one on for low and both on for hi?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would get on the phone, or go in person to the inspection location & ask questions!!! Go to the horse's mouth , do not rely on rumor or conjecture, it will only lead to bad feelings & discontent. Your local ,"Tag" office should have a list of requirements & prohibited items etc. consult it & keep a copy when you have it inspected, if the inspection station chooses to be "Dicks" about anything, you will have ready proof.
Good luck !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
go ask a indy shop that does the inspections and also start getting parts from the guy to build a good relationship with him

·
Registered
380 Posts
also your not that hockey fan who threw the bananna on the ice are you?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
What you have ON The bike when you get it inspected doesnt need to stay on there AFTER the inspection....

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
There is a 4 1/2 dual beem in one of the catalogs, see my post on that with the part number, if that is the typ of bucket your running, it will fit the 4" bucket as well.....

...Roach.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the only problem with that is the lights i'm looking at are sealed
If your talkin' about the old style auto sealed beam with the 3 prong plug, just get a bright--that's what I run on my Triumph--with the switch anywhere you wanna' put it. My switch is on the headlight bucket, it cleans up the bars and it's easy to reach.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
he says he is from T.O. so he may know just ask him which one to go to so you do not waste the gas

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well kydd, how didja' make out on the inspection ordeal? Seems like sometimes people gotta' jump thru' way too many hoops, eh? What frys me is a lot of times how ya' make out at the DMV just depends on what clerk ya' get and what kinda' day they're havin'.

BTW, in answer to your 1st question, I don't know why you couldn't run two like that. Ya' mean like those old upside-down triangle lights? Those can be cool, done the right way on the right style of bike.

whack

1 - 20 of 23 Posts