Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Antibilly said:
Ive got a new Super E carb and the fuels dumping out of the vent tube when I run it. It looks like the floats sticking, but I dont know dick about em?
could it be that its jetted to high?
little help over here
Being jetted to rich wouldn't make it dump fuel out of the vent, you've got a fuel level problem-needle and seat, float or float adjusted wrong.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've seen this problem a few times with E carbs.

Remove the bowl and check for casting flash around the edge of the bowl. File or emory as necessary to remove it.

Also inspect the float pivot pin and the bracket on the float. If the bracket tabs are not square (parallel to each other) they can impede the movement of the float. (It's like one of those screen door tabs that holds the door open by misalignment).

If the float is too tight a fit on the pivot pin, you can open up the holes in the bracket EVER SO SLIGHTLY (don't want a sloppy fit).

Jason

·
Registered
208 Posts
and!

the brasss pin that the bowl pivots on, if it has been taken out and put back, check to make sure that the indentation from the skrew that holds it in is the same position, as the float can hangup on it!

i spent hours trying to figure that out on a bike i built at WCC, HOURS!!!

and everything jason said!

JasonMcElroy said:
I've seen this problem a few times with E carbs.

Remove the bowl and check for casting flash around the edge of the bowl. File or emory as necessary to remove it.

Also inspect the float pivot pin and the bracket on the float. If the bracket tabs are not square (parallel to each other) they can impede the movement of the float. (It's like one of those screen door tabs that holds the door open by misalignment).

If the float is too tight a fit on the pivot pin, you can open up the holes in the bracket EVER SO SLIGHTLY (don't want a sloppy fit).

Jason

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
obviously you aren't driving fast enough . the carb is trying to give the motor all this gas and you aren't using it , and it is just dumping out onto the ground . get on the highway and haul some serious ass and you will be right as rain .

after you do all the stuff everyone else has recomended .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts