Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with these kits?
I've got the original lower end for my 91 FXR sitting on the workbench in my garage. I'm running a 96" S&S in the bike right now and it runs strong. I want to rebuild the original motor, but i'd like to beef it out if i'm gonna do it.
I was looking at the 96" (FLSS???) rebuild kit, but wondering how much work i'm gonna have to do to the case to get similar performance as the 96 i'm running now. Can it be done? Is the case gonna hold up in the long run?

I'm thinking i'd like to put the original, #'s matching motor back in the bike and use the S&S for another project, but i love the power i'm getting out of the bike as its set up now.

I'm also thinking it would be easiest just to save some more $$$ and just get a brand spankin new 96 or 113 already assembled and ready to go, but then i don't get the experience of building it myself... and i still have the factory lower end sitting there. Plus, i don't have the $$$, so who am i kidding?!?!

Suggestions, comments, abuse???

Thanks dudes...

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Ryno,
There were a few years that Harley built Evo cases that weren't stout enough to handle stroker kits, they cracked between the lifter block and the base of the cylinder. I think 1991 is one of them. You might call S&S and see what they say before you start.
Larry T

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry...
Thats probably why dude put the whole motor in there as opposed to rebuilding the original. I'll check with S&S.
Gracias...

Larry T said:
Ryno,
There were a few years that Harley built Evo cases that weren't stout enough to handle stroker kits, they cracked between the lifter block and the base of the cylinder. I think 1991 is one of them. You might call S&S and see what they say before you start.
Larry T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts