Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a S&S air cleaner yesterday but it dosnt have the air filter. Im sure this is a common filter if youve bought one before. Anyobe have the part number for a discount auto store filter?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Have you considered a washable (K&N). You will have to look at your jetting. Although I notice the drag pipes. You may be all set. tim

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leadsled said:
Have you considered a washable (K&N). You will have to look at your jetting. Although I notice the drag pipes. You may be all set. tim
I hear this isnt the place to talk about such simple things as air filters but yea. my STOCK set up has a K&N now so I am all set.
got a part number?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
When I had one on my bike I used a foam job from Discount Auto Parts, it's a simple round thing, don't have a part # though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hey nads, spend a few bux more & get the k&n filter. it will last a lifetime & keep your motor much cleaner. plus, when you sell the bike, keep the filter! i have one that has been in 4 or 5 different bikes over the years, i just keep putting s&s carbs on them!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
knucklehead said:
hey nads, spend a few bux more & get the k&n filter. it will last a lifetime & keep your motor much cleaner. plus, when you sell the bike, keep the filter! i have one that has been in 4 or 5 different bikes over the years, i just keep putting s&s carbs on them!
heres a dumb question. Do I have to have S&S carbs to run this cleaner? Nads said I didnt?
Im calling the chopa shop at this rate ahah

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I don't have an S&S cleaner on my bike anymore. I never even had an S&S carb, although I did try a SuperB when I first built my bike, I couldn't get the bitch to run right at all, probably because I'm an idjit.
I've had a Khiein on it forever, even when it was a 96" stroker.
It's been a real good carb, but every few years the overflow tube cracks and gas goes spilling out the carb.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Mike no you don't, the mounting plate holes ought to match up.
I'm thinking your bike also has a breather that goes to the filter, you might have to drill a hole in the filter housing to accept the hose.
Do you have a Keiein carb on your bike?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nads said:
Mike no you don't, the mounting plate holes ought to match up.
I'm thinking your bike also has a breather that goes to the filter, you might have to drill a hole in the filter housing to accept the hose.
Do you have a Keiein carb on your bike?
hahaha you looked at it and said I do! hmmmmmmmmmmm you are old short term M Fer.
I didnt see any tubes either. Ill find a filter and see what happens from there

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Bollocks dude, I said the cleaner housing WILL fit, the mounting holes on S&S carbs are the same as most HD CV carbs.
Couldn't tell you about modern F.I and such.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts