Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a S&S air cleaner and K&N filter all ready to go. Then I learn it isnt that easy. My motor is a top breather 96 1200 harley and will need to be adapted? Is there a kit or am I screwed?
If Im screwed Ive got a air cleaner for sale

·
Registered
675 Posts
They make adapter back plates for them
Draglinkscc said:
Ive got a S&S air cleaner and K&N filter all ready to go. Then I learn it isnt that easy. My motor is a top breather 96 1200 harley and will need to be adapted? Is there a kit or am I screwed?
If Im screwed Ive got a air cleaner for sale

·
Registered
944 Posts
V-Twin has an adapter. I just saw it listed this week in their catalog. Don't remember the cost. I don't think V-Twin accepts directs orders, so you will have to go through one of their dealers.

Hank

·
Registered
675 Posts
you can direct ordar and get a catalog by calling 1-888-316-1994
Apehanger Hank said:
V-Twin has an adapter. I just saw it listed this week in their catalog. Don't remember the cost. I don't think V-Twin accepts directs orders, so you will have to go through one of their dealers.

Hank

·
Registered
42 Posts
The late model s&s air cleaners have tabs for the hollow breather bolts to go through and it also acts as the support bracket for the carb. if it doesnt have those two tabs then You can put a crossover tube on it and make a bracket that runs down to the back of the air cleaner to support it. i have a few of those crossover tubes laying around if you need one.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You can make an adapter plate out of aluminum pretty easily. Just transfer the bolt pattern of the cv carb to the adapter plate, center the air cleaner just right, drill the mount holes for the aircleaner, and then use connecting nuts cut to the right length to mount the air cleaner. Then figure out your tabs to mount to the breather holes on the heads and you're set.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think you have the breather heads if so the bracket/breather kit is part number 31658 at custom chrome $76 bucks. Once you get that try drilling your backing plate to make the bolt pattern on the CV. If you want one give me a call 251 928-3004.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is an adapter in v-twin p/n 34-0673. not sure of the cost though if you want one give me a call. keep in mind the head breather is a must. this one here in v-twin I don't see how it will work with the head breather. there is a tear drop backing plate hand on I'll get that #. tim

·
Registered
328 Posts
can't find it with what i have at home, If you really need it I'll look it up in the s&s book, but I think it is going to be as high as giraffe pussy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts