Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Can someone tell me which of the four (4) connectors shown in the photo connect to what? Thanks -
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Machine tool

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Machine tool

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
1)breather line to top of oil tank
2)vent to atmosphere usually aimed at rear chain if so equipped
3)feed from tank
4)return to tank thru filter and cooler if so equiped

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
To add to this there is another return to tank on the bottom next to #4. If you would like to use that one instead of the one in the back center of the cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To add to this there is another return to tank on the bottom next to #4. If you would like to use that one instead of the one in the back center of the cover.
Thanks Joe,
appears that S&S have many variations on their pumps - mine appears to be the 31-6062 so in my photo
#4 is the oil return
#3 is the feed for oil tank
#2 is a breather that could also blow oil on the chain
#1 is the vent to the top of oil tank and also connected via a "T" piece to the inner primary case.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

In your last post #3 should read, ''#3 is the feed FROM oil tank''.

You said, ''#1 is the vent to the top of oil tank and also connected via a "T" piece to the inner primary case''.

That is true if the bike is stock. But as your bike is a S&S and is using a Evo years pump cover that does not have the oil feed for the primary, I assumed a divorced primary. So no T needed. Item 6 in the following picture.

Also your pump does not have the rear chain oiler #8 in the above picture.
So divorce primary and you don't need the adjustable rear chain oiler/leak anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

In your last post #3 should read, ''#3 is the feed FROM oil tank''.

You said, ''#1 is the vent to the top of oil tank and also connected via a "T" piece to the inner primary case''.

That is true if the bike is stock. But as your bike is a S&S and is using a Evo years pump cover that does not have the oil feed for the primary, I assumed a divorced primary. So no T needed. Item 6 in the following picture.

Also your pump does not have the rear chain oiler #8 in the above picture.
So divorce primary and you don't need the adjustable rear chain oiler/leak anyway.
Thanks Joe - yes I meant FROM - good catch..
I will just cap off the Inner primary and run it with some oil in it.

·
4,056 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts