Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW FRAME MOCKUP W/ WHEELS AND TANK ON PAGE 8!

At last I got my bike home after having it sitting for a year at a friends house 600kms away:

When I got it home I cleaned some junk of such as fenders and mufflers and did some temporary wiring:

The bike have 6v electrical system but I had no battery so I taped on a 12v ignition coil and a lawnmover battery and then we pulled it with a friends car til it fired up and managed to run on its own engine(broke kick mechanism).

Back to the garage to pull the engine apart for a rebuild:

Thats about all could do tonight without waking up the family! After I have got some sleep I will weld the swingarm (gonna hardtail) and clean the frame and send it to sandblasting.

Will update after sleep and work

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Russian K-750 Traditional Bobber(?) Project

No sleep but just a little more work and a dumbass question; on the pic below you can see that the cylinder to the right is all dry and the one to the left is wet! When i testdrove it the cylinder to the right was alot hotter and i checked the spark but it was just fine on both cylinders.. Whats my problem?

Closeups:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Due to the crooked frame I decided to try to straighten it and hardtail it the same time.. I welded the swingarm to the frame and cut off the shock mounts. Also took the fork apart and it wasnt nice inside, thinking about buying a springer fork from www.bastybikes.com...

Will remove the upper tubing and weld new tubes from the swingarm to the backbone and then remove the tubing underneath and cut off the swingarm and weld the lover tubes..

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts

Nice project!! Flywheels was from china but looked real cool as a bobber!!

..................Roach.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I'm diggin that passenger solo seat, cool project!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the comments guys!

Speaking of flywheels (sort of), the lid in the gearbox that holds the kickspring in place had unthreaded and pressed against the clutch/flywheel, the kickpedal is welded on the kickaxle, all bearings are worthless and the complete gearbox looks like shait.. Crappy russian engineering! Luckily parts for these are not expensive. No more can be done tonight, but tomorrow Im gonna go pick up an impact driver and call a company nearby and check if they will blast my frame and som other shit..

PS! Sorry if my english suck or I translate wrong but hopefully u will understand

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts

this looks just like a great project!!!

You're Having fun now.

Why wonder if does bmw parts fit into the russian version ?

keep them coming!
Yeah the German K75 will bolt on on most parts, same with the H-D XA.....Roach.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks guys!

Roach: Good fact to know, thanks!

New gaskets and insexbolts, more coming (will grind and polish the alum later)

Blasted the parts of the frame that will be left and some other junk and primed the trees, pegs and risers. If I go with the original fork, wich I hope not too, I will cut of the light brackets(?) and go with some older headlight with yellow ribbed lens. Yum yum..

Hey, my stepdad is a biker too! ;)

Tomorrow Ill go to a local company to see if I can fetch som cheap(free) tubes and start welding the rearend.. Lucky for me my stepdad has a pipe bending tool and mig welder at his work!

More updates tomorrow

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Thought that I went to bed but, with so much plans and motivation I just cant sleep so I went down to the garage again..

Cut of the kick axle and disassembled the rest of the gearbox, going to town tomorrow with all the bearings, oilseals and some more bolts to get new ones. Dont really want to buy those particular spareparts from the dealer who takes them from Estonia...

Dished everything up real nice but the gearbox housing will take a bath in degreaser over the night. Also found out why the kicker didnt work, as I thought the heal was worn. Luckily new axle with complete kickmechanism only cost 48.50 $

Thought of making a list over money spent on this, I know its early but then it will be easier to keep count

The bike with sidecar: 641.23
New 6v batteri: 24.73
New bolts and gasketmaterial: 9.45
"Holepunching" tool kit: 9.94
Gasmoney for picking it up: ca 124.29
Sandblasting: 0 (Went to a friend and did it myself)
Primer: 0 (Had leftover in the garage)
More bolts and some bearings and oil seals: 50.10

Total of 859.74 $ (Will update as build goes on)

1 - 20 of 247 Posts