Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wise old man once told me not to do it. He may (OK, he will) read this and probably remind me not to do it. I will most likely listen to him as he is much wiser than I, however, I'd like to hear some experiences on this.

Let's say you had a source for a NOS or UOS tire that you just HAD to have cause you totally dig it. Let's say the tire(s) in good condition. No dry rot. No cracking sidewalls. Still seems "new", just 30yrs old.

Would you run it? Danger waiting to happen?

Discuss...

·
Banned
538 Posts
I was always told that there is checking that most times you can'nt see and it once decides to come apart,it does so VERY fast.Old NOS are good for show or lil putts around town but no hiway.Cooker has some good looking old school tires
,that may be an option

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Would you run it?
No.

Simply because even if it appears to be nos or even a good uos the fact that the tire is 30 years old tells me the rubber got hard and less clingy then it was 30 years ago. its like an eraser on a pencil when its an old pencil. it wont erase anything itll just kinda smear it. Ive got a 3.00 - 16 goodyear super eagle that i would love to run. Its brand spankin new other then being 30 ish years old. But the rubbers to dam hard. Ive seen it done though so i assume it can be if done carefully enough... dont recomend it though.

But then again what do i know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with what you are saying. Basically what I was already told.

Just throwing the topic out there because as you mentioned (and I've seen) people are running them. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts