Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI there.

I've just started a new project.
The bike is an old Royal Enfield wd oc 350 1946, with a Bullet 350 1981 engine.
The plan is a board/flattracker-mixed look.
The fork in the pictures is temporary, adn a Girder fork is on it's way to the garage.
Headlamp is from a Danish Nimbus
Seatsprings from an old Brooks bicycle-seat
Tank from an old Express moped
Fake oiltank, is being made from a 1kg fireextinguisher (Did I spell that rigt?)

I'm currently making new engine mounts, to fit the much larger engine.

Here's a quick walkaround of the bike as of now.

But I want to ask if anybody know the bike shown beneath, as I would love to see some more pictures of it, since it seems to be close to the same setup as my project.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's Indian yes. I've heard good and bad about them, but also that it should be rather easy to make it more reliable.
This one is in good condition, and has been redone not long ago, and hasn't been ridden since. :) Crossing my fingeres, that the guy who sold it to me was being honest... :confused:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Consider the Indian Enfield are used ten's of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance (because most people in India have to make do, and their bikes are their only transport), and I think the Enfields get a bad rap. I've ridden a few, and they have their quirks that need straightened out on first ownership. But nothing bad. All bikes have these. Hell I have an 08 Ducati that had been known to explode regulators, gas tanks, and radiators that crack. All things you work around with a little new bike alteration. People complain about having to rejet Royal Enfields - but that is the first thing most new Harley owners do (on the carbed models)

I say that is a damn fine job. You Denmark Dudes know how to build a fine bike.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have nothing constructive to add except that your thread is interesting enough that a website devoted to Enfields is putting cookies on your computer when you click here.

Nice project :)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Consider the Indian Enfield are used ten's of thousands of miles with minimal maintenance (because most people in India have to make do, and their bikes are their only transport), and I think the Enfields get a bad rap. I've ridden a few, and they have their quirks that need straightened out on first ownership.
I thought the girders made in India was another company than the one thats making the bikes? Cause the new Enfields doesnt come with girders or am I lost maybe? Anyways, didnt mean anything bad just warn him about the quality which I have heard has been a problem on those.. Check for cracks now and then and I guess your safe! Myself I would use one if I could afford ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
looking forwrd to this build,i'm workin along fellow country men of you'rs now building a pellets silo,wery great people :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts