Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Ho, Chaps.

Can anyone answer me this?
I have seen some RE Bullets with the swing arm relocated to the bracket that usually holds the rear footrests, lengthening the bike by 6 inches and dropping it 1 inch.
So...
Does this bracket have the strength for this task?

It looks fuggin great but I don't want to die:eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
That part is only made for footrests!

If you wanted to, cut off the mounts and make your own out of 1/4" or 5/16" steel plate (cold rolled) if you wanted to drop and stretch the rear. Forget using the foot rest mounts for anything other than footrests.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, mate.

That's what i thought, but it's always good get a 2nd opinion!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
However...

Do you mean cut off the footrest mounts and replacing them with the new s/arm mounts? Could you post a rough sketch for me to look at?
I don't mean to sound like a dumbass, but I try to say it like I see it!

Cheers

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'd like to see an Enfield with the swingarm bolted to the footrests! Have any pics?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks like the new style Enfields with the unit motor. It does look pretty slick, and that is a brand new frame.

I'd still just chop off the small mounts and use 1/4 or thicker mounts to hold the swing arm to the frame, and I'd gusset the shit out of the footrest frame loops.

Try it out and let us know how it hold up.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looks like the new style Enfields with the unit motor. It does look pretty slick, and that is a brand new frame.
That's not a new UCE engine. Note the old style ignition mounted behind the cylinder, and the "added on" electric starter hump on the primary. The UCE lacks those features.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think i'll just leave everything where it is and extend the s/arm itself!
Thanks for the input. Mucho appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice bike there, Fastlane, but a bit too showy for my uptight British tastes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i did just completed my stretch on my royal enfiled bullet, didn't want to do the cheap out of relocating the original swing arm so a fabed a 6" stretch one form scratch. put some pics up soon as i work out how yeowww

1 - 20 of 30 Posts