Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The NOS thread made me want to put this up. Mr. Rowe after 47 years in business has decided to retire. He has two daughters who are not interested in the business and thus, production of their products has halted. I ordered some valves for my Shovel from them today, but couldn't get everything I needed. It looks like there is a buyer in the wings, and production will start back up. I'm holding my breath hoping things will return to normal. Rowe has been around all my life producing high quality stuff, and hopefully they will remain. I don't want to see another American institution go down the drain. I, as well as most of you, value high quality American made products.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where's a barrel full of money when we need it? I sure hope someone stateside picks it up.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I don't know what the circumstances are with Rowe, but I have to believe that they are different than those surrounding the N.O.S. company. There aren't many outfits that are located in the U.S.A. and employ U.S.A. workers who are paid real U.S.A. wages who actually make parts for our motorcycles, especially the older models. The Rowe name has always been synonomous with high quality. Lets hope that whoever steps in to take over this company will continue to follow the same path that Rowe has taken for so many years. I don't know enough about the situation to make an intelligent comment other than to say it gives me a bad feeling, like its a sign of the times. . .

Regards,
Geo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.