Jockey Journal Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks;

I bought this trike from Fritz a few years back. Totally re-did it. Brought it to Detroit Autorama this past weekend. From what anybody can tell, its a Roth trike.

I love those Himsl bodies. There was a Himsl trike on eBay late 2016. Fiberglass tank and everything. Still had original paint on it. I was working on this one or I would have bought it. That one was on a Servicar frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
So, here we go with my "once in a while" check in to this thread....

Where the Hell do I start?

After a few attempts to get stuff up and going with these molds, the scene has changed dramatically one last time. Roy has passed away, and I was able to purchase the molds and the remaining bodies completed from his estate. in the week that has followed since this went down, i have done some soul searching, and have decided that my current typical week schedule of about 60 hours is enough, and I won't be going into production of these bodies. Due to the way stuff went a couple years ago, Scavenger has first and really only "dibs" on the purchase of the molds, and she and I have already started to that end.

In the mean time, my purchase came with three completed bodies, ready to go. One single seat has been sold to a member in California, Leaving me with one single seat for sale, and one double seat for sale. I'd LOVE to see these go soon to recoup some of my investment, and to be able to throw some cash at my long languishing '53 triumph project. If anybody is interested in the two bodies I have give me a call, (rather than a PM, please) at 602 881 0175.

I will run a general classified ad as well here on the page...

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well,
Hi gang! As usual, I seem to jump in here every six months or so, to update on what's going on. Long story short, i still have the Himsl Invader molds, and due to running an ad on a Facebook page a couple weeks ago, it looks like the trike bodies are BACK IN PRODUCTION!!!

I have sold four of the new generation bodies in the last two weeks, and currently have two single seat units in inventory for quick shipment. I worked a deal through Fastenal for shipment, and have come up with 125.00 to the west, 150.00 to the Midwest, and 175.00 to the east coast.
Working with the new owners of the 'glass shop the last batch was made at, I had to raise the price for the new units to 750.00, but I'd rather do that than compromise the quality. These are still hand laid glass, about 3/8" thick, and now have an extra layer of roving added from the seat pan down to the bottom of the skirt. Gel coat is primer grey, and they are pretty damned straight right out of the mold.

As i said, i have two single seat bodies ready to go, but two seaters are available, and can be had with a 250.00 deposit and a ten day wait.

You can always call me at 602 881 0175 if you would like to talk about these, or order a body.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Has anyone on the forum bought one of the bodies? I just scored an old half-ass Shovelhead chopper, I contacted Chip Sunday and will be getting a body as soon as I can get my hands on a Servi-car axle.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's just sitting on wood blocks at the moment. The neck will be raked quite a bit, and the fork tubes pushed down in the trees. This is an early shovel frame, and the body was designed to fit a Servicar, so in addition to a rear structure to mount the axle, the top tube will need some modifications as well. Once I get it up on the welding table I will have a better idea of what needs done. I just wanted to show you guys what Chip has coming out of Arizona. I'll take some more detailed pictures soon.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts