Jockey Journal Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi hi hi. I just bought one of the Himsl 2 seaters and I'll excited to start on it. It was missing the forks when I bought it but I was able to track it down and but that as well, unfortunately minus the head bolt, bearings, or axle and wheel. Does anyone know any part numbers or if a company makes any of the parts I'm missing with the fork? I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as I work on it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they told me that they don't deal with any older trikes at all so no luck there with guys trying to restore an older trike. Wish me luck as I continue to see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tracked down and bought what are supposed to be the original kit rigid forks for the trike and they look and feel like the real deal, man they're heavy duty. Unfortunately the guy couldn't find the bearings, axle, wheel, head bolt, etc etc that went with it, just the forks but for what I paid for it I really can't complain. I know it's a long shot but does anyone know what bearings and wheels were used on these?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey gang,

Been a LONG time since I have been over here. Literally a couple of years. My shop took off and it's probably been a good three years since I have had time to even think about my Triumph projects, or bikes in general.

Here's the deal on the molds...
They are still in the same place, still owned by the same friend. They have been moved inside, though, ever since I snapped the pictures. About four years ago, Scavenger and I put together a tentative deal for her to purchase the molds. Problem is, Roy (my friend, the owner of the molds) is sometimes kinda hard to deal with, as he has a tendency to change his mind frequently, compounded by medical issues that sometimes render him unable to remember from day to day things such as prices quoted. At the time, Scavenger and I went back and forth while Roy did his due diligence trying to find Archer's daughter, who was to receive part of any profits from bodies made from the molds. By the time that was satisfied, Roy's pricing changed, Scavenger got frustrated, I got frustrated, Roy got further confused, and I can't remember who gave up first, but I wouldn't doubt that it was me.

Here is the deal at this point... Roy has recently been given a finite amount of time on this planet, (although 15 years ago he was given two years...) and is much more interested in moving stuff than he was a few years ago. He brought up the sale of the molds to me a couple of weeks ago when this all went down. IF Scavenger is still out there and interested in these molds, she has first dibs on them, at what ever price I can get Roy to move on. If not, I'll post back up here soon and offer them up to the general population.

if you go back and read my initial posts on this, it gives the impression that this was going to be a moving target at best. I can't stress that enough. Roy can be the most frustrating person in the is world to deal with, and is about as eccentric as you can imagine, but in absolute honesty is one of the most straight up individuals you could know.

I honestly will have no expected dog in this hunt monetarily, I'd just really like to see them get somewhere where there is the possibility of getting produced again. I'll start this mess back up again and see what we can get done...

·
Registered
440 Posts
I talked to Roy a bit yesterday about the molds, and he said that he would like one more of each body made up for his use. That led to a discussion of who around Phoenix could we get to lay them up. Roy and his buddy Kurt were heading out yesterday after leaving my house to check on a shop that could, and get some prices. I suggested that perhaps we could get them to make a small run of them at the same time..... Let's see how that goes. There is a chance these might see the light of day for sale yet!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey gang,

Big news on the Himsl body molds! I convinced my buddy that owns them to take them to a local fiberglass firm and have one body each made for his use. I did a bit of research and found some one here in the Phoenix area, and Friday we should see the results!

IF the results are suitable, I think I have Roy talked into making a run of about 5-6 of each of the single seat body and the two seat body, which will be for sale. I have a couple of guys that have already P.M.'d me about availability, and they get first dibs in this deal.

If all this goes to plan, We might see this body back in limited production for the first time in about 40 years in the next week or two!!!

Pictures will follow Friday or Saturday when i have my hands on the finished bodies!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey guys!

After about 30 years of the molds sitting idle, here they are!

I promised that we would seethe first bodies out of the Himsl molds on Friday. I lied! I didn't get to see them until yesterday! Damn they are cool! They are made locally here in Phoenix, and the quality looks top notch! They are about 3/8" thick, with a bit of extra reinforcing in the seat pan area.hey are available in single seat and two seat, and target price is right at 650.00 each.

I can be reached at 602 881 0175 if anybody is interested....

Attachments

81 - 100 of 114 Posts