Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to ride my Triumph for the first time tonight after 8 months of work. (It was probably closer to 5 or 6 months if you take out the time when it sat while I was working on other shit).

She rides like a dream...not at all as rough as I expected. I guess the stock forks /16" rear/ sprung seat/ short wheelbase combo works pretty well together. The apes are comfortable as shit.

It's got a slight problem I haven't tuned out of it yet...it cuts out when you hammer the throttle. If you ease into it, it does pretty good...rap it quick and it coughs. Don't know if it's valve adjustment, carb settings, or timing, but I'll figure it out. I got her where she'll start first kick though. And the pipes make beautiful music...

To recap...here's the beginnings, mocked up with tape and zip-ties. The tank in the background is the one I ended up using:

Here's what it looks like now:

I'm gonna ride it for a little while as is to work out the bugs, and fix any leaks (got a few already)...then it's gonna be blown apart for paint and some chrome. I can't wait!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...Yours ain't too shabby either! :)

I'll try to post some riding pics as soon as I can get someone else over here to work the camera.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bass, congrats! This bike is sweet.
BTW, I love your website with the build pictures. It is really helpful when trying to figure out some of the details on my project.
Where did you get the trumpet mufflers?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can just look at that bike and tell it rides and handles like a champ.

I think it is perfect but do you have any future plans for it?

-Eddie

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great looking bike ! Really dig the Apes on that one.It must be very pleasing to ride a bike after all the building.I still have to experience that...you wanna share your plans for paint ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
swissmike said:
Bass, congrats! This bike is sweet.
BTW, I love your website with the build pictures. It is really helpful when trying to figure out some of the details on my project.
Where did you get the trumpet mufflers?
Hey Bass what is you website URL? I want to check out pics of your build.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikey1610 said:
Hey Bass what is you website URL? I want to check out pics of your build.
Not my own website persay...just a photo album that I keep. I'll have my own website one of these days, just got to get off my ass and build it.

http://www.picturetrail.com/basskustoms

Cocktail Shaker (or trumpet I guess) mufflers came from e-bay. Paint will be sparkly and shiny...that's all I'm going to say about it right now.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The action shots are cool !!! It's always interesting to see somebody riding the bike as you have the chance to appreciate the bike's proportions and lines.The riding shots Maurice lately posted here did the same.VERY cool bikes !!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I dig it!

I was alittle bummed out to hear you sold your other one (I heard correctly didn't I?) but I should have known you'd replace it with something just as cool.

Now the tire is just "more" vintage isn't it?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've said it before, but that bike just rules. The proportions are just spot-on. The final test, as the FrenZ pointed out, was seeing it being ridden. Some bikes look killer sitting static, but end up being all goofy lookin' and disproportionate when they're actually ridden. I can't wait to see it in paint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts