Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem When I last rode the bike ( 68 triumph chop) it was fine. Then this week tried to fire it up NO GO! No spark,No headlite, Oddly I had a tailight( only have head&tail lights,no other fixtures)checked the battery good, looked at fuses good, juice to fuses good ,power to tympanium good. from this point foward ends my electrical know how. Do I just keep stabbing wires with my test light or is there a more intellegent manner to go about this. the ign. is a Boyer. Any help apprecitated.( hate to be a newbe pain in the ass but was refered to this board as a possible help.)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nardi1 said:
You say your battery is good but a Boyer wont spark without a fully charged battery, thats the problem with them. I run one in all my bikes. I would make sure you have a full 12volts in your battery before you go any further.
Thanks I'll try that and see if I get better results.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK found the problem.Deficitive low beam headlight switch. I have allways started the bike with the switch on low beam, very seldom use high beam. this is the second switch I've gone through in 5 yrs.Its your typical hi,low, horn switch, bought off e-bay,Anybody know of a better switch? I run it down by the left side seat portion of the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts