Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to you harley owners but this is the third harley I have ridden and they SUCK. I'm just going to stay with my honda's and suzuki's. It was a nice bike I will say that but my little vlx600 runs and drives better then this last sportster I road. I've also road a newer fatboy that I didn't think was all that. And the first one I road was an old harley chopper from the 70's it wasn't that great either. The only thing I liked was the sound but performance wise I like the foreign stuff better. Plus they are cheaper.

I couldn't justify spending a shit load of money on a harley just for noise when I can get the same thing from a bigger honda shadow or other harley wannabee bikes.

But maybe I just rode 3 shitty bikes who knows the last one was a hundredth anniv. bike.

But this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Harley also set up the first production facilities in Japan for motorcycles. :)
Ryno said:
Just remember who done bombed pearl harbor, buddy...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's RODE....you rode a Harley on the road. Harleys are for intellectual types anyways.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
HAAA!! Brutal, but funny... actually what's sort of funny is that probably 50% (and I'm just guessing here) or better of the people on this board probably own Harleys or Harley based machines (along side other bikes or alone)... so dissing Harleys probably isn't the best idea. Starting a thread about it is even worse. And honestly who gives a shit anyway? Everyone on here has their own taste in bikes and like certain bikes for certain reasons and ride certain bikes for certain reasons. If someone gave you a Harley to mess around with you would take it, right? Would you get any technical help from the JJ on that Harley after saying they suck? Probably not... that's why I don't understand why people insist on putting down other peoples shit... AND burn a bridge while they're at it. Strange. Just my 0.02 bones. I'm not even an HD owner. :D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Don't mind me... I've had a little too much Monday coffee! Little edgy right now...
scootermcrad said:
HAAA!! Brutal, but funny... actually what's sort of funny is that probably 50% (and I'm just guessing here) or better of the people on this board probably own Harleys or Harley based machines (along side other bikes or alone)... so dissing Harleys probably isn't the best idea. Starting a thread about it is even worse. And honestly who gives a shit anyway? Everyone on here has their own taste in bikes and like certain bikes for certain reasons and ride certain bikes for certain reasons. If someone gave you a Harley to mess around with you would take it, right? Would you get any technical help from the JJ on that Harley after saying they suck? Probably not... that's why I don't understand why people insist on putting down other peoples shit... AND burn a bridge while they're at it. Strange. Just my 0.02 bones. I'm not even an HD owner. :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
kustomd said:
I'm sorry to you harley owners but this is the third harley I have ridden and they SUCK. I'm just going to stay with my honda's and suzuki's. It was a nice bike I will say that but my little vlx600 runs and drives better then this last sportster I road. I've also road a newer fatboy that I didn't think was all that. And the first one I road was an old harley chopper from the 70's it wasn't that great either. The only thing I liked was the sound but performance wise I like the foreign stuff better. Plus they are cheaper.

I couldn't justify spending a shit load of money on a harley just for noise when I can get the same thing from a bigger honda shadow or other harley wannabee bikes.

But maybe I just rode 3 shitty bikes who knows the last one was a hundredth anniv. bike.

Your profile says it all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Wasn't it the Germans?

Sorry for the obscure Animal House reference.;)
The Germans?

Don't stop him, he's on a roll.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not trying to put down anyones bike or anyone who rides a harley, I guess saying they suck was a little extreme I was just comenting on the fact that people are spending $10,000 and up on some of these bikes for less performance than some of the foreign counter parts. I still would take a harley infact I still use some harley parts on my wannabe harleys.

Like I'm trying to decide whether or not to cut up a 100th anniversary 2003 harley sportster gas tank and rear fender to fit one of my other bikes, I got them in a trade today. The guy put a bigger tank and different rear fender on the sportster these came off of.

I might just try and sell it then find another tank to use,since it has big chrome harley anniversary emblems on it that someone may want.

And for saying that most of the people on this board ride harley's I can't tell from all the triumph, bsa, and norton type bikes that are on here. In alot of the pics I see.

Sorry if I got anyones panties in a wad..

·
Registered
630 Posts
kustomd said:
Isn't it great that we all have opinions and forums such as this to share them in?

I ride A LOT.
I was shopping for a new touring bike in '04. I looked at BMW, Honda, and HD primarily. Wasn't looking for a sport tourer, just a straight up cruising tour bike. The prices were comparable on each of the bikes and being partial to HDs that's what I ended up with.

My experience, not opinion:

It'll retain its value quite well.

It has an excellent & large dealer network dedicated to keeping riders on the road. I'm talking of the service departments, the sales guys can all kiss my ass.

It rides like a Cadillac yet I can still sling it in the corners, scraping, and have fun.

It has carried me and my shit over 9000 miles in the last three weeks alone, 26,000 miles since I bought it.

The build quality as delivered was wonderful.

I'll take any HDs you don't want off your hands.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts