Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to start machining my own brass risers and making copper oil tanks. as soon as the first set for my bike are ready, Ill put up pics and maybe some of ya might want your own. Cheap!

·
Registered
457 Posts
filthy chris said:
Im going to start machining my own brass risers and making copper oil tanks. as soon as the first set for my bike are ready, Ill put up pics and maybe some of ya might want your own. Cheap!
interested....

Post Pics when you have some.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as soonas the stock for the tanks come in with my new end mills well be in business. about a week id say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone interested, Pm me an Ill get back to ya as soon I can with an approximate date of when Ill have all the stock in. I could do a battery box, maybe a faux oil bag.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Are you making the oil bags out of copper?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes oil bags out of copper! Gonna try a couple Ideas I got floating around in my little brain. Ill put up pics when i get the first ones done.

·
Registered
457 Posts
sounds good!

·
Registered
131 Posts
filthy chris said:
[ Ok so spartan sells these these tanks for 700 dollars!!! Thats just rediculous
have you made one yet? there is alot of time involved. i have made two so far, alot of time in both of them. sad part is i'm not running either one. the nice one i made slipped out of my hands while buffing it. :mad: got a nice size dent in it. gonna run the alum. one, looks nicer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a lot of time involved but copper tanks fuckin rock. I weld copper all day. I did one a while ago for a triumph I sold so I figure Ill do it again and if theres people out there that dont wanna pay shitloads of dough for one and dont have the means to make one, Ill do it for them. can anyone tell me how big a shit load is??

·
Registered
237 Posts
$37.99 is a, um, shit load.

filthy chris said:
There is a lot of time involved but copper tanks fuckin rock. I weld copper all day. I did one a while ago for a triumph I sold so I figure Ill do it again and if theres people out there that dont wanna pay shitloads of dough for one and dont have the means to make one, Ill do it for them. can anyone tell me how big a shit load is??

·
Registered
457 Posts
I agree....

·
Registered
457 Posts
filthy chris said:
Oops..............

I was agreeing to the making one for people that don't want to pay a lot of money for them....

Sorry about that...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shoulda added good luck, BTW. Post pics ASAP.

Rythemean said:
$37.99 is a, um, shit load.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts