Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look I spell shit wrong ALL the time...but just a little note:

Rigid means solid like is my frame....

Ridged, means it has ridges....you know like little rails.

Now chances are I have spelled it wrong in this forum....if one of you anal MFs point it out I will send you a book.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jabber said:
what book?

Not the one some kook wrote about the north country....
\

No, it is called...."Little Women"

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
big_al said:
Now chances are I have spelled it wrong in this forum....if one of you anal MFs point it out I will send you a book.
Thanks for bringing this up. I'm completely fucking neurotic regarding spelling and grammar. It helps in my field. I generally keep my mouth shut, or risk looking like an asshole. I get crazy when I see deceleration devices called "breaks," or certain tires called "Dunlaps." Don't even mention the various bastardizations of "Dell'Orto." I need a muscle relaxant.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm with Sporticus. I try to keep my mouth shut about typos and mssipelinlgs but garmmer ani't my tihng.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
My mother was a fanatic about spelling and grammar......I am also, to a point. I get pissed when I can't understand a post due to a combination of bad spelling, bad grammar, and no punctuation. Sometimes I need a decoder ring.

·
Registered
425 Posts
spellin?

Try to read this. I'm sure some you can....

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was kinda ipmorantt!

:rolleyes:

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Re: spellin?

dan r said:

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was kinda ipmorantt!

Weird, I can read that without effort. I still want to stab people who can't spell though.

·
Registered
68 Posts

dan r said:

uh oh!!! i could read it at almost normal speed---must have been the shit i did in the sixties !!
frank

·
Registered
68 Posts

TurboRoadster said:
Holy Crap ! I could too !..jes' for datas sake, did your "shit in the sixties" grow out of cow turds too?:D
cow turds, sugar cubes, paper, etc etc.--been a long time ago though---just beer now!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
waltmcq said:
fucking English teachers... I still seems to hate you.
:D:D:D:D

I ran into one my english teachers the other day, he still turns around and walks the other way. Talk about leaving ones mark!

·
Registered
237 Posts

Trent said:
Weird, I can read that without effort. I still want to stab people who can't spell though.
Everybody pitch in a quarter. We'll buy Trent a happy place.

Let us pray.

·
Registered
377 Posts

dan r said:

The percentage I saw attached to this paragragh was 85 percent of people CAN read it. Everyone I've ever showed read it flawlessly.

·
Registered
618 Posts

read it with no problem...

my beef is with the misuse of:

they're/their/there
to/too
loose/lose

:D

dan r said:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts