Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im a big fan of flyrite but last I checked the suspended their frame building. Paughco frames are widely used so that tells me the must be a good since they've been around forever.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did see one two weeks ago made by Chassis Design Co. and the welds and quality of it looked extremely nice. I have recently been talking with Brandon at Mullens Chain Drive and he is an extemely nice guy to chat with and looks like his quality and feedback are equally as great. And he has been very patient with my look I am after.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I did see one two weeks ago made by Chassis Design Co. and the welds and quality of it looked extremely nice.
Awesome stuff. Reasonably priced. Fast ship. Great communication. Anthony rocks. He builds for a bunch of the ''cool kids''. Good luck regardless of the direction you take.

C

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Cheap and EASY way when it comes to getting it through DMV wouldnt an OEM frame with title be a great start rather then an aftermarket with MSO and an evo motor??? Maybe a swing arm frame and weld on hard tail??

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was typing my reply while you added this reply. If he needs to go cheap there are plenty of used aftermarket frames for $400 or $500 out there.

my son and his friend from school are building this as an art project plus he always wanted one so he picked up a used evo engine at a swapmeet last weekend for $600.00 he wants to see how cheap he can do it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I heard 4130 Chromoly isn't a good choice unless it goes through some hardening process. Just my 2 cents, I'm not sure if it's true or not
Wow another unqualified dumb ass statement.

Put me down for Spartan frame they are the bomb and George is a real standup guy and a hell of a craftsmen.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Wow another unqualified dumb ass statement.

Put me down for Spartan frame they are the bomb and George is a real standup guy and a hell of a craftsmen.
Normalizing welds on 4130 racecar frames is pretty common. Mark Williams even sells temp sticks for the process.
I'm not saying every 4130 weld that isn't normalized is gonna break, just that it's not unheard of to use some form of "heat treating" on 4130 welds.
Larry T

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.