Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's been on some other boards, I put this on CC too, but I haven't seen this posted here and I wanted to make sure everyone knew. We lost a good guy in Chicago this week. I only met and hung out with him a few times, but some of my friends were really close with him. It's really sad about the whole thing. I've seen his band play a bunch of times (and they are one of my favorites). Erik Kish was the lead singer of Hi Fi and the Roadburners and was also part of Fear City Choppers. He lost control of his bike, hit a guard rail and died this past Thursday night. If you're into that sort of thing, say a prayer for him and his family - if not, mabey just send them some good vibes. RIP

Full article in the Sun Times:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...tist-dies.html

One of my favorite songs (this is from his last performance):

Thanks and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
For such a horrible tragedy, I read that he donated his organs in death. Others have had their lives saved by this man and his generousity.

My best thoughts and wishes for his family and friends. Horrible and inspiring.

·
Registered
380 Posts
rip

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not positive but I believe there is a benefit for his family/memorial kind of hangout this Saturday the 8th at the space. If youre from the Chicago motorbike scene you'll know what I'm talking about and where it's at. It should be a good time to remember him and celebrate his life. When I find out more details I'll be sure to post them. I didn't know him that well but he was always nice to me. RIP.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Never had the pleasure of meeting Kris. But I'm guessing he was typical of what I call the next generation of Chicago bikers Drew and I have met in the last few years. Talented in many ways beyond building, tight knit covering their buddy's back, and willling to share their friendships and knowledge. Sounds like Kris was one of those guys that give us old dogs hope.
You friends of Kris share a loss. The rest of us miss that opportunity.

God bless, Rest In Peace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.